Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I've driven the car enough for everything to warm up and I'm going and left all the way off the throttle there is a light noise like metal tapping other metal. I am not sure where it is exactly coming from it definitely sounds like the engine bay. At first i thought it was the CAI hitting against part of the frame but after making it a short ram i can still hear this noise. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Have an associate rev the engine while you try to pinpoint the origin of the sound.

Then securely mount your recording device near the sound origin and capture a video under load (while driving), then post the video on Vimeo and link us to it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have an associate rev the engine while you try to pinpoint the origin of the sound.

Then securely mount your recording device near the sound origin and capture a video under load (while driving), then post the video on Vimeo and link us to it.
I keep getting a ton of excess noise coming from the intake when revving or driving drowning out the noise. Do you have a way to reduce noise? remove air filter for a minute or put the CAI attachment on for a little.

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Removing the air filter will just make it louder. Attaching the CAI extension should at least move the induction noise further away and down a bit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Once I've driven the car enough for everything to warm up and I'm going and left all the way off the throttle there is a light noise like metal tapping other metal. I am not sure where it is exactly coming from it definitely sounds like the engine bay. At first i thought it was the CAI hitting against part of the frame but after making it a short ram i can still hear this noise. Any thoughts?
On my 2016 with a manual trans that sound comes from the fuel pump, which is right under the engine cover.

Almost sounds like you have a very tiny diesel engine.

Hope it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts