·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plastidip Rims.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

My buddy has a 2-post lift and was able to get all 4 wheels off. Cleaned them, took off all the inserts, dipped and reversed the process.

3 coats of black from the rattle can and 2 coats of glossifer. It doesn't really show in the pic but it gave it a metallic look.

:tyrannosaurus:

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Turned out really good G4, kudos

·
2,385 Posts
I like it as well, good job. Any pics of close-up?
I REALLY need to finish dipping mine before the weather turns too ugly.
The oem's are my winter rims, lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. The best advice I could offer is giving the glossifier the full 8 hours to dry before use.

I'll take some close up pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
look just like mine, great job. I had mine done like 3 months ago and they still holding up nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look just like mine, great job. I had mine done like 3 months ago and they still holding up nice.
Thats awesome to hear. I have base veloster wheels too that I will be doing orange for the winter. But I'm happy to hear that these could last into next year.

More pics added

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have mine done the same way, but powder coated. I am curious to see how long this plasti dip stuff lasts!

They look just as good as my powder coated ones and for a lot less! I need to get on the plasti dipping bus for sure!!! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice job! Looks great.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Gothic, they can last a while but its really depending on ur prep time and ur environmental conditions. I imagine if u live in a really hot or humid place the effect might b detrimental since its just a thin plastic layer. But if u take ur time in the preparation and baking u'll b a happy driver. Most importantly, they protect ur rims from small scratches. Experiment w somthn small b4 u start w some wheels.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
thres a post somewr w a guy who actually did his entire car! crazy

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
plasti dip is the easiest stuff to work with ever. I have used it on my last 2 vehicles and no issues. The first one was my Wrangler that I took through mud holes and all kinds of offraoding adventures. never had even the slightest bit of problems with peeling. and here in South Florida its wet, humid, and hot all the time, plus the mud here is primarily sand so you can imagine what those wheels went through. Granted I used a full can per wheel but if you want it to stay you gotta lay it on thick.

It comes off pretty easily once you get it started:
plasti-dip.jpg

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
^^^Look at the VT of the Month & what he did...Love the way the front wheels look on his ride...Only works with white though! :crazy:

#whiteisthebest

1 - 20 of 21 Posts