Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called 2 of my local dealers. The closer is small one and said that they had a blue one allocated to them and should have it in the next 2 weeks. He had no other info at the moment. He did say I was the 1st to inquire and took my name and number. He will call me when the truck shows up with it.

The 2nd dealership, which is huge, said they had none allocated to them yet but they were promised at least 1 before 9/21. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Update: Called every dealership in a 50 mile radius and they all said about the same thing. They should have 1 or 2 in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Me too (Philly area, that is). I was just curious. I noticed through online inventories that there are a ton of manual NA Velosters at Southern Jersey dealers, so I'm hoping that if none are allocated right near me I can count on them as backup. :nerd:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope that blue one comes in soon. I don't want to have to pay fory VW to get repaired just to pass inspection then get rid of it. I'm not picky but I'm trying to keep my costs down. a 6 speed with the ultimate package or an automatic with no package are my ideal choices. No flat grey and no Vitimin-C.

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ What VW do you have and what's wrong with it?

Has the dealer figured out yet if the blue one is 6MT or AT yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ What VW do you have and what's wrong with it?

Has the dealer figured out yet if the blue one is 6MT or AT yet?
I've got a 2006 VW GLI. 2.0 turbo with a 6 speed. It burns crazy oil, has tons of electrical problems, and I put plus in it even though it requires premium. I've put 125k+ miles on it in the 5 and a half years I've owned it.

Oh, and I haven't called them back about it. I'll take either one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've got a 2006 VW GLI. 2.0 turbo with a 6 speed. It burns crazy oil, has tons of electrical problems, and I put plus in it even though it requires premium. I've put 125k+ miles on it in the 5 and a half years I've owned it.
Oh, and I haven't called them back about it. I'll take either one.
Sorry to hear about your VW
I sure hope that blue shows up quickly for ya

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear about your VW
I sure hope that blue shows up quickly for ya
Thanks! The recalls were nuts on this car too. between 2 or 3 of them the dealer rebuilt the entire top end of the motor. There was an issue with faulty cam followers that destroyed the cam itself, messed up the valves, the timing, and even the ignition coils. Oh, and @ 125k miles I still have the original clutch!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I thought long and hard before I decided I should remove the GTI from my very short list of performance FWD 3-Door Hatchbacks
It seems I know both people who swear buy them, and people who swear at them, and the ones swearing at them, well, they tell horror stories of reliability and cost issues

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought long and hard before I decided I should remove the GTI from my very short list of performance FWD 3-Door Hatchbacks
It seems I know both people who swear buy them, and people who swear at them, and the ones swearing at them, well, they tell horror stories of reliability and cost issues
Lol, when it runs... IT RUNS! I've got some slight mods like the cold air intake and I loved blowing the doors of a Scion Tc or Mazda 3. The VT will be a slight HP drop but the weight will make up the difference.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lol, when it runs... IT RUNS! I've got some slight mods like the cold air intake and I loved blowing the doors of a Scion Tc or Mazda 3. The VT will be a slight HP drop but the weight will make up the difference.
Blowing the doors off a tc & mazda 3 isnt something "I" would bragg about... Thats not saying much.. FRS & Speed 3 would be braggable, just sayin :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Blowing the doors off a tc & mazda 3 isnt something "I" would bragg about... Thats not saying much.. FRS & Speed 3 would be braggable, just sayin :)
LOL! you're right. They are all close in specs when stock though. I' got my ass kicked by a V6 Maxima last summer. I just had nothing for it. And I'll take what I can get. I went from a history of V8 Mustangs before getting the GLI. I miss my Taho turquise 1968 Mustang. 289 V8, power steering and power breaks. that's it. No power windows or locks, no air, no cruise... and I drove from NJ to GA in that in the middle of the summer. The reality is that I can't use one of those as a daily driver so I get pocket rockets instead.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called my local dealer back and got some more info from the inventory manager. Its Marathon blue, automatic, with the black interior. No package. Music to my ears! He also moved up the time table from "about 2 weeks" to "any day!" Now I just hope i can work the trade in. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm up I'm northern nj about 20 minutes from the city. I talked to a few dealers up here and it seems I know more then they do. One guy said to give him a call within the next 2 weeks but I'm definitely hopping on the train and calling him tomorrow. I'm looking for a ultimate package automatic black on black/grey or black/blue. Not buying though, leasing! Only because the minute you drive it off the lot the value depletes enormously. In a few years I'll want the new of the new anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was running numbers last night and I'm a little worried. I'm trying to keep my payments from going any higher. I'll have to do some good haggeling to get it done. If not, there is a fully loaded Boston Red NA on the lot that I know I can swing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quagmire. What were you looking to pay for one? Or were you looking to lease? Just spoke with my dealer and he said the minute it comes in he'll give me a call. I have faith in him since he is a veloster owner himself lol. He had not heard any news on time frames but it's been a waiting game for months now so what's a few more weeks ya know. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quagmire. My VT is on its way. Got a call from my dealer yesterday. Fully loaded black on black auto. So stoked. I'll take some pics once it's in my hands. He said any day now!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quagmire. What were you looking to pay for one? Or were you looking to lease? Just spoke with my dealer and he said the minute it comes in he'll give me a call. I have faith in him since he is a veloster owner himself lol. He had not heard any news on time frames but it's been a waiting game for months now so what's a few more weeks ya know. :)
I want to purchase. I put way too many miles on my car to lease. I'm basing my calculations on the MSRP from the web site for a base Marathon Blue VT with an automatic. Add into that the payoff on my car is $8600. Blue Book value for my car is about $6700. If i put $875 down with a 72 month loan thats roughly $409 a month. I can swing that. Its only $10 more then my VW. I see other cost savings as wel. My VW gets about 27 mpg over all on plus. I figure I can swing 35+ with the VT on regular. My wife was using $400 as a hard limit on the payments but offered to up it a bit if i cancelled my SiriusXM subscription.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts