Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new or used FMIC for cheaper than I'd be able to find it from a retailer. Lmk if their is anything out there.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Properly setup water/meth injection kit is what you want if you want the best bang for the buck when cooling the intake air goes. No FMIC will get close. Let me know if you want a decent kit setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it suitable for a daily driver? I was doing to get the mac solenoid, fmic, and a canned tune maybe from sfr but if you can send me down a better road before I start shelling out money

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Uh yes, totally fine for a daily driver. The FMIC would not be as beneficial as water/meth injection kit setup properly, the mac solenoid would be a useless mod and $ spent unless you have issues with the OEM solenoid, and the afr tune is crap compared to others on the market.

Reactions: waffle3113

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I was reading threw the forum and tork was saying 100% methanol. And others where saying 50/50 ish. Can I run methanol on stock until I save up for a tune and who would you suggest for the tune, I'd prefer to not send in the ecu but if its quick turnaround I'd do it

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Methanol is not needed at all. Distilled water is perfectly fine to lower intake air 30-40°F when setup properly. Pic I posted was on 50/50 mix on highway for 30 minutes to show temperature range it stays in. No other kits are setup to be this effective.

Some use methanol to have even better cooling and adding octane which will add further power. It's not needed or as cost effective for daily driving though.

Water/meth does not require a tune but you can tune specific for it to gain a touch more power. I do not recommend doing so for most.

Qwik Tyme Performance or SXTH element engineering on the tune.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
PM me or start an appropriate thread and we can discuss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts