Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 VT, DCT, with a K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, and Custom ECU tuning.

Every now and then when I go ham on the gas the car will start making this fluttering noise and all boost will get cut off and the car makes this ugly jerk motion. I recently had a code thrown for a busted wastegate solenoid and had that replaced with another oem one and the issue is not as bad but still present. No codes are being thrown and after letting RPMs drop and going for another pull the car most times will accelerate just fine and boost like nothing happened. From my research it would seem I am in need of a better wastegate solenoid to which I have found this guy Pierburg Wastegate Solenoid Upgrade

However I am unsure if this is enough to solve my problem and was wondering if anyone else had this issue and what their solution was. During the remapping the tuner said all levels and timings were fine.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,247 Posts
Who tuned the car? What codes when scanning the obd2 port? Is this fluttering in the mid rpm?

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who tuned the car? What codes when scanning the obd2 port? Is this fluttering in the mid rpm?
Company called AlphaSpeed. The code was p0234 but after replacing solenoid code was cleared. And yes fluttering is mid rpm and then the boost cuts off and rpms just go crazy high and the car doesnt accelerate

·
Super Moderator
5,247 Posts
Fluttering is tune issue. If rpm Flys up and no acceleration then that may be transmission slip. This is partially due to the common DCT issues and the tune. Alphaspeed is not known to have good VT tunes but more known for the genesis 2.0T and 3.8L cars.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fluttering is tune issue. If rpm Flys up and no acceleration then that may be transmission slip. This is partially due to the common DCT issues and the tune. Alphaspeed is not known to have good VT tunes but more known for the genesis 2.0T and 3.8L cars.
I was having this issue before the tune though, I had originally assumed it was an ECU issue which is why I sought the custom tune

·
Super Moderator
5,247 Posts
I was having this issue before the tune though, I had originally assumed it was an ECU issue which is why I sought the custom tune
What specific issue before the tune?

Never assume.....

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What specific issue before the tune?

Never assume.....
Had a mechanic friend of mine tell me the ECU was cutting off the turbo for some reason and that a tune would likely fix the issue because of the modifications i have on there

·
Super Moderator
5,247 Posts
Ah ok

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update? Did the pierburg fix it ? I've recently gotten tuned and had a problem today got on the highway and went to gas it and boost wouldnt build up and it like studdered violently ..... she parked and I'm real sad rn 😭

·
Super Moderator
5,247 Posts
Any update? Did the pierburg fix it ? I've recently gotten tuned and had a problem today got on the highway and went to gas it and boost wouldnt build up and it like studdered violently ..... she parked and I'm real sad rn 😭
That will most likely be a fuel line issue unless you got a misfire code.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts