Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,158 Posts
Log looks "normal" for the mods and conditions far as I can tell. A better log with 3rd or 4th gear pulls I can see better data.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What could I do to improve the logs?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Looks normal for the oem tune and the mods. If you're having any power cut at times it will either be normal if hitting tune limiters in some parameters at times or abnormal due to fueling, plugs, coils, etc causing issues.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks normal for the oem tune and the mods. If you're having any power cut at times it will either be normal if hitting tune limiters in some parameters at times or abnormal due to fueling, plugs, coils, etc causing issues.
Got it. Do you have any recommendations for a good tuner? I've been putting off any power adders for the time being since the engine is so high mileage, but getting rid of some of those power cuts would be great

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Got it. Do you have any recommendations for a good tuner? I've been putting off any power adders for the time being since the engine is so high mileage, but getting rid of some of those power cuts would be great
I can easily sort out any tuning issues like power cuts regardless of conditions or driving style up to a point and still keep it safe.

Qwik Tyme Performance

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So, if everything looks good power-wise in the datalogs, what would explain the sharp drop in MPG? Even with babying the car everywhere it's hard for me to even break 30 MPG, whereas before it was the standard.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
How does the boost behave in this car btw? I see that the normal boost pressure is supposed to be at 18 PSI, but I feel like I normally see 13-15. Does it limit it based on power? I'd like to see it around 16-18 at all times, would I need a tune to accomplish this?

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
Difficult to explain but in most tunes boost will be highest in the mid rpm and will drop off to redline.

Many limiters in the ecu other than power. You can get to those oem tune limiters with mods to help flow and cooling. If flow and cooling mods are too good they will hit limiters and the car will make less than oem power. To avoid this you do need to tune the oem ecu as the best option by a good tuner.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I found the problem, maybe. Today I filled up at a different gas station. I usually stick to the one by my house so I can see if I've been getting bad gas, but today I filled up at one closer to work. MPG is back, power is back, boost is where it's supposed to be. Is there a way to test gasoline? I have a feeling the octane rating at the pump might not match what's going in my tank

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
A look at ignition timing in a datalog will tell how good the octane is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,

I've got a 2014 VT auto with some weird issues. It seems like I'm down on power, maybe 20-30 horsepower. My gas mileage has gone down as well. This issue has come up recently, but I can't pinpoint an event that would have caused it. I've checked just about everything I know how to check and can't find a clear solution.
Info:
142k miles
premium gas only
air filter cleaned
Reduction from 30-35 MPG to 25-28 on the dash
fluids recently changed
sparkplugs recently replaced
coilpacks original, but all meet resistance spec
ODB2 reads turbo pressure between 15-16PSI maximum
ODB2 reads fuel pressure between 25-35PSI at idle
OBD2 horsepower reads between 145-150
Fuel pump recently replaced with Deatschwerks 65c
ODB2 reads High pressure fuel pump around 1500PSI at idle
Compression test performed, read around 200PSI on all cylinders (one test read 145 on cyl. 1, but could not be reproduced)

Mods:
Short ram intake, aftermarket turbo hoses, torkpipe, GFB diverter valve, Pierburg Wastegate solenoid, MAC BOV solenoid

As far as I can tell, the air is getting into the engine, the fuel is being delivered at the right pressure, the fuel/air is igniting, and the turbo is compressing within spec, but my brother's veloster that's stock feels like it's pulling way harder. I haven't had a chance to Dyno my car beyond the Torque App horsepower reading. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated!
Probably is a boost leak, that's the most common problem

21 - 34 of 34 Posts