Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im having a hard time deciding on which springs to get and any feed back would be appreciated! I know some of the ones out there such as NGM, ARK, Meccatune, H&R and Eibach... not sure of others. Now im not looking for full coilovers only springs as I will not be go to the track or racing. I would like to pretty much go the lowest I can with out compromising ride quality. I know turbosocks has the NGM's and says they go for pretty much the cheapest, but is it worth it to spend a few extra bucks to get better ones if any? looking for softest ride possible while getting all the benefits of lowing springs :money:

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I don't see any reason in going with any other spring than the NGM after having them on our car. Ride is quite close to stock but you can feel it is stiffer and it does definitely handle better.

you can try to acquire spring rates for all the springs to get an idea of how stiff each would be.

·
Registered
127 Posts
^?? what the hell are you talking about. OP valid question and knowledgeable reply.

·
Registered
170 Posts
there was a spam poster , but all the posts have been removed , so the 2 post beside each other look like someones bashing another , not the case , its all good

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry Rosscoe, I was trying to figure out what that was all about. Alot of spammers on the forums lately.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After riding with Eibach's for years i vow never to put them on a daily driver again. I'm looking for something that lowers and tightens up alittle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had Eibach springs on my last 3 cars (Pro-Kit on an '04 TSX, Sportlines on an '09 Civic Si and Sportlines currently on my Genesis Coupe) and was looking at the Pro-Kit for my wife's VT...you're saying NGM is the way to go, Mike?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Any updates to this thread? Springs are in my future as well. I'm looking to probably drop about 1.25 but is there any need to drop more in the front. I've seen some drop 1.5 F and only 1.2 R

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just bought and installed an Eibach spring 2 weeks ago. I got what i payed for. Better cornering,love the height and ride comfort is not bad for a lowering.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have ARK GT-F springs. Great ride height, handles great, and as far as ride is concerned, no difference as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
^^^ So back-to-back-to-back competing brands and all were recommended. Hmmmmm... Which one is the most affordable. I also saw H&R has a set too. Any word on those?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hate my NGM ...tooo soft, the rear of the car is bouncing more than with stock one and the front is standing higher than the rear wich look bad imao

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have ARK GT-F springs. Great ride height, handles great, and as far as ride is concerned, no difference as far as I can tell.
I also have the GT-F's and love them. I would have to say that the ride is more sport tuned, but not bad. I personally wouldn't want to go any lower. I scrape now if I'm not careful and these springs are a mild drop.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts