Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Lowering

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  misnblu 
#1 ·
Hey guys this isn’t my first post on a car forum but it’s my first time here.

So I bought an HR spring set, got a comfy drop (unmeasured) and the ride is great. The front wheels look so nice and almost-flush and then the back wheels are still angled up.

Just looking for some help on achieving a lower look in the back. Camber arms aren’t out of the question lol.

#2 ·
what do you mean angled up?

#7 ·
So I bought an HR spring set, got a comfy drop (unmeasured) and the ride is great. The front wheels look so nice and almost-flush and then the back wheels are still angled up.
I had the same issue. The car had a forward rake to it with the H&R springs which I didn't care for. Even went as far a cutting a coil off the rear springs but that didn't fix it. Replaced them with Eibach which will give you an even drop front & rear.

#8 ·
Eibach drops the car even lower than the H&R springs so that may be something to consider.
With the Eibach's the stock strut will work herder in a shorter travel than with the H&R springs too so they may eventually wear out quicker as stock shocks and struts aren't designed for lowering.

Coilovers are the best option for doing what you want with the car such as ride height, stiffness or comfy ride, and even corner balancing for the optimum handling and ride.

Good luck. I live my H&R springs and really don't mind the mild rake on the car. 🤷🏼‍♂️😉👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.