Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be posted somewhere but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know the lowest PSI you can run in a tire before the low tire light comes on? Thanks, blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Want to say upper 20's but it's been a while since I tested things out. Do not have TPMS in my current setup so can't tell you. Would be easy to test yourself though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be easy to test if I wasn't lazy! :wink:blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, really appreciate it! Blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
25 sir. :) nitro or whatever in the tires is a scam btw to anyone curious. Still lose 10-15 lbs of pressure every six months. 25 is the light warning cutoff.
the nitrogen comes out a little less easily than regular air. it is in there because it's less reactive to temperature.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Scam... ??
Most of the benefit is from the Nitrogen being pure.
I know a guy on another forum who reconditions struts. He uses air sent through a drier device that I don't know too much about. Says it's as good as using nitrogen.

When they do a nitrogen fill do they pull a vacuum to get the moisture out first?

Edit:

Apparently not....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
When I worked at a dealership I believe the standard for TPS is if any tire is 4lbs off from another or if any of the tires are 7lbs or more below recommended pressure, which for us is 32lbs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, I am now running 28 psi, no light. Have tried many pressures and this seems best all around with my tires, blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
153 Posts
I woke up this morning and had a low pressure light on. I got out and checked for an obviously low tire to no avail, so I went to the gas station to check pressures and add air (even though I have nitrogen). Every one of my tires was between 24-26 lbs. I filled them all to 32 and the light stayed on. About 25 miles down the interstate it finally went off. Just weird that every tire was low. It was cool this morning, but it has been colder the last week and I had no issues then.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That’s like voodoo really. I think the amount of change plus wind chill etc plays a part also realize you probably lost a few of those psi last week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts