Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my attempt at a write up/DIY for the install of a new Luxon strut bar I recently ordered and had the chance to install today.

Initially I wasn't sure which strut bar to get but I decided for the price, design, and fitment; the Luxon worked for me.
So here goes...

Unpack-aging the Luxon strut bar,
Solid design with no parts to put together using any bolts,
Not a fan of the yellow but w/e:
Strut bar DIY.jpg

I started off with removing the 3 bolts from each side:
With Arrows Photo Apr 06, 11 19 36 AM.jpg

I then checked fitment before removing anything else:
Photo Apr 06, 11 24 41 AM.jpg

Install your 3 bolts on each side back on, I did them all till they gave resistance
then I went back one by one and tighten them down, just to make sure they
weren't stripping or catching on anything:
Check Fitment before removing anything else Photo Apr 06, 11 24 41 AM.jpg

You are basically done, push down the weather strip piece, tighten all your bolts, tug on the strut bar
a bit to listen for any creaking or loose bolts that might have settled or been missed. I really can't think of anything else.

As for the difference with the bar on.... WOW... well worth it in my opinion,
I've had a strut bar on my sonata(sadly a 3 piece) and a mustang GT(3 point), they made an improvement but this solid 1 piece...
Wow good feeling, good control and stability.

Any questions please feel free to ask...
Hope this helps someone else out.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
after a few days of regular driving, go back and check the bolts. maybe they might need a little re tightening after it moving with the body. just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ow, I installed my Luxon without cutting the trim. It takes a bit more time but it's doable. I couldn't stand looking at those uneven dips..

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Nice writeup. I used a rubber mallet to get the bar to sit flat, and had no trouble getting socket wrench in without having to remove trim. I just had to put an extender on it to get it down in there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just finished installing mine and I did not trim the plastic piece either but I did pull one of the plastic rivets out on one side so that I could move that plastic piece back enought to get the extension in there. I really wanted the yellow but decided on black because it'll hide dirt a little better :) 0126.jpg

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
It works. I only picked luxon be use I got it from another member at a good price. I cut the plastic to make it easy to do work in the car.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed mine a while back. I never trimmed or removed the trim peice. I just put the socket in there and then the ratchet. worked just fine, was interesting getting it out of the hole afterwards. But way better then trying to take it all apart or cutting it. The strut is amazing and works great when paired with coils. I am running stance coils and love the way this car handles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts