Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Will this strut bar fit the Veloster Turbo ?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Are you talking about the strut bar or is there a 'sway' bar for one?

yes, anything suspension wise (according to the InsideLine review) will fit from the NA V to the Vturbo.

Rob is a great guy, I'd definitely do business with him,

·
Registered
870 Posts
We have not tested on the Turbo model but i think it should fit!!!
Im sold out locally in Ontario but tehese will come from Korea:)
Let me know!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have not tested on the Turbo model but i think it should fit!!!
Im sold out locally in Ontario but tehese will come from Korea:)
Let me know!
@ TurboSocks - a strut bar and yes I would definitely do business with him as he is nearby and his reputation here and at Veloster.org speaks for itself.
@ 3H2H1 - we both are in Toronto, so I save shipping costs by picking it up.

The reason I am asking is because the Turbo is wee bit wider than the regular V in overall dimensions. But not sure about specs inside the hood. Hence, just being cautious.

Regular = 4,220 mm vs Turbo = 4,250 mm

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
the width difference is in body work ONLY. the internal dimensions and structure of the car are identical. they use the same 'shell', if you will.

It will fit, 100% sure..

On that note, it seems to have been confirmed that springs will also work regarding a statement made by a hyundai engineer saying that the springs, torsion bar, shocks, etc. are all the same on the Turbo model.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The reason I am asking is because the Turbo is wee bit wider than the regular V in overall dimensions. But not sure about specs inside the hood. Hence, just being cautious.
Regular = 4,220 mm vs Turbo = 4,250 mm
I always appreciate someone doing their due diligence
Although I cannot say for sure I wonder if that extra 15mm's per side is due to the different mirrors

I may buy from Uniq as well, just a short little trip to the other side of the puddle
And if I do the install up there, I got nothing to declare :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
the width difference is in body work ONLY. the internal dimensions and structure of the car are identical. they use the same 'shell', if you will.

It will fit, 100% sure..

On that note, it seems to have been confirmed that springs will also work regarding a statement made by a hyundai engineer saying that the springs, torsion bar, shocks, etc. are all the same on the Turbo model.
That would be great because the Meccatune lowering springs i have for the N/A Veloster is a hot seller and is like by Many
I also Carry the Ark performance ones as well:)

I always appreciate someone doing their due diligence
Although I cannot say for sure I wonder if that extra 15mm's per side is due to the different mirrors

I may buy from Uniq as well, just a short little trip to the other side of the puddle
And if I do the install up there, I got nothing to declare :)

Yes defently give us a shout and we can install it for you:)

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I was in touch with NGM and the reports they are getting from korea and based on the official VTurbo reviews in America are pointing to it being a direct fit for the springs..

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was in touch with NGM and the reports they are getting from korea and based on the official VTurbo reviews in America are pointing to it being a direct fit for the springs..
Intresting news....
My korean spring supplier mentione tgey were slightly different between the N/A and boosted model:)
We will wait and find out:)

Who wants be be the first to try the springs:)

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I am going to be ordering springs before I even get the car to be honest. I was considering the meccatune springs, but I can get the springs from NGM for 179$ shipped. PM me a 'best' price for guinnea pig testing and I'll likely order from you :p

The NGM stance looks good, but the Meccatune springs seem like they would hold up nicer and drop the car more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts