Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this month I was really debating if I should get an exhaust for my Veloster Turbo. I found the Magnaflow Catback exhaust for $589 and I just had to get one..

Just about 3 DAYS after my purchase, I received my exhaust!! I was going to wait until spring/summer to put it on because It's still snowing over here in Ohio and I didn't want salt touching it.

I got a litte impatient, so I decided to put it on yesterday (Since it's stainless steal, I figured salt wouldn't harm it)

VERY PLEASED with the sound, the quality and just about everything about it.

It even gives you the choice to keep the stock exhaust tips or the magnaflow tips. I went with the magnaflow, just so I can be a little different.

But this exhaust looks and sounds a lot cleaner from stock. (removes a huge muffler from the stock exhaust)

It is not "ricey" at all...it's just right.

Very little cabin noise, a nice deep sound and tone, not high pitched, and not too loud.

It even gives that nice aggressive *rasp* at the end of each shift or when the rpm's start to lower.

So if you were looking for a nice exhaust. I definitely recommend the Magnaflow Catback exhaust.

Now I'm even more excited to drive my Veloster Turbo :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
This Thursday for my install cant come fast enough...

Thanks for the review, im super excited to get mine in!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just received my exhaust yesterday. Very excited to do the install. Thanks for the review Angelo. Thanks for the service Uniq. Once my CAI gets here from Turbosocks, I'm gonna have some fun.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The shipping was fast indeed! It only took me less than a hour to install it. It is amazing on how much lighter this is compared to stock so I am really happy about that! That muffler was like a TANK!!! Upon starting the car it quite but it has that deep tone. While cruising speeds it is a little bit louder than stock but not to be annoying. When you want to pass someone or just race it is just massive! The sound quality is magnificent!!! "Purs like a kitten and roars like a lion" My very first Catback and I am more than pleased!!! I recommend it so buy it!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was on a forum on here. Go under Uniq's profile and he has another one posted. (He was the first to comment on this)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll post a video on here shortly so you guys can get an idea

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just installed mine today along with my SRI...which I have a question on. Being that here in Miami rains like a mother and half of the time during rainy season most places here get flooded I decided not to use all of the piping of my CAI and installed it as a SRI, is that bad? I am feeling the car a little sluggish between 1-2K RPMS as others have stated about their SRI, I'm curious if those with the CAI have experience the same? if no, then I'm correcting the problem asap and using full piping.

well that's that on my intake question... so all in all this catback is sickkkkkkkkk, it gives the car a nice growl that you wouldn' t thnk a 1.6L would sound like. Since I ordered the exhaust I just couln't stop contemplating about the tips, the following: I love the fake stock exhaust tips, I love the Magnaflow tips but not how there will be a gap between the exhaust holes and the tips, and I hate how the second set of Magnaflow tips don't fit into the stock fake exhaust tips leaving a reaching gap.... so I figure why not fit the magnaflow tips into the stock fake tips to just make it seem like two giant actual exhaust openings??? well I did it, and honesltly love it!!!!!!!! yea... I'm not showing out the MF name but oh well, it still sounds mean as hell :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts