Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That brings me to the second part of my comment/question. As fuel injection and especially direct injection are unlikely to produce stand off or an unintentionally rich mixture what do yo do to create the lumpy idle effect. How does it affect emissions?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Lumpy idle, ie "ghost cam" as referred to by many, is mostly adjusting the tune so that the valve timing has more overlap. It will change emissions in that area of the tune but not sure what will change or by how much. It will pass inspection though.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
61 Posts
"Lumpy idle" is officially my new favorite term.

Also, @trdtoy, thank you for this entire thread, this is an unspeakably valuable resource.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
"Lumpy idle" is officially my new favorite term.

Also, @trdtoy, thank you for this entire thread, this is an unspeakably valuable resource.
Welcome! I'm here to help. I need to add more to this thread and add new threads but I have been busy lately.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
464 Posts
Lumpy idle, ie "ghost cam" as referred to by many, is mostly adjusting the tune so that the valve timing has more overlap. It will change emissions in that area of the tune but not sure what will change or by how much. It will pass inspection though.
I've seen Camaro guys and Mustang guys tune for this lumpy idle for that cammed sound. 🙄
Sure it sounds great but when it's time to show the ponies all you see are Shetland's. 😂😜
True story.

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well I mean its not set cam timing so you can get the sound and power gains as well.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts