Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 3.5 map sensor for a veloster 2019 1.6T I am pushing 439WHP and 472WTQ but i have problems we the map sensor. He is 3 bars which is only good for 27 psi I am pushing 35+ Need a up grade

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Looking for a 3.5 map sensor for a veloster 2019 1.6T I am pushing 439WHP and 472WTQ but i have problems we the map sensor. He is 3 bars which is only good for 27 psi I am pushing 35+ Need a up grade
@trdtoy this ones for you.

With those numbers I'd love to see this car in action.
Nice build and post up some pics too. 馃憤
Welcome to the forums and @trdtroy should have an answer for you shortly. 馃

Super Moderator
nice work but damn tighten those straps!

Reactions: SkyShadex

Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
I tried shooting an email to Omnipowerusa. They deal in map sensor upgrades. If you could get them on the phone they might be able to help.

But also I don't think there are maps to make use of a 3 or 3.5bar sensor anyway... but trdtoy could tell you more about it.

Registered

Might be worth a look. But they don't have a TMAP sensor that's universal so that won't help you on the intake manifold.

Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Why do you need to upgrade? 27 psi is not even pushing the oem map sensor fully. I'd focus on better mods, mod setup, and tuning if you want to make more power before considering a higher Bar MAP sensor. Be careful stacking the tune with the JB4. Id consider a standalone before stacking a piggyback or going to a higher Bar MAP sensor. You can blow the engine apart almost as easy now as before with the current setup.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do you need to upgrade? 27 psi is not even pushing the oem map sensor fully. I'd focus on better mods, mod setup, and tuning if you want to make more power before considering a higher Bar MAP sensor. Be careful stacking the tune with the JB4. Id consider a standalone before stacking a piggyback or going to a higher Bar MAP sensor. You can blow the engine apart almost as easy now as before with the current setup.
馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ鉁岎煆27 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃI am pushing 35 boy 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃthank you for nothing

Registered
Guess it depends on what you're reading. At the turbine or at the manifold. Because 35psi+ at the turbine is actually about 20psi+ at the manifold (adjusted for atmosphere). And max at the turbine on that sensor is 43ish.

But you could be at 35psi+ at the manifold with your dyno numbers, so who knows. But you're also running nitrous so it's hard to say. Post some logs for us so we can help further.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Guess it depends on what you're reading. At the turbine or at the manifold. Because 35psi+ at the turbine is actually about 20psi+ at the manifold (adjusted for atmosphere).

But you could be at 35psi+ at the manifold with your dyno numbers, so who knows. But you're also running nitrous so it's hard to say. Post some logs for us so we can help further.
Sounds like he really doesn't need any help with his last reply. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煓

Super Moderator
we get guys just like him on mirageforums, lol. they never share their secrets :) the island has some of the fastest cars we've ever seen in videos but never on paper.

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
Lol I'm a teacher and deal with kids all day so I probably have more patience than the average adult 馃槀 I don't mind indulging someone as long as they learn something.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol I'm a teacher and deal with kids all day so I probably have more patience than the average adult 馃槀 I don't mind indulging someone as long as they learn something.
How WHP ? Do you have in yours ? And how many psi ? I steal waiting on that 300WHP veloster 2 gen N75 Tuned ? They hit the 300WHP yet it ? On the stuffed turbo veloster 2 gen ? I have closed to 2 years 318WHP now 349WHP no Nitrous soooo 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
I'm not attacking you, I just wanted to know. The post you put up said the car had a stuffed turbo, meth and nitrous dry kit. That's why I said nitrous.

My car is doing 260 @ 20ish psi atm.. Getting studded this week and gonna try for 400 馃馃徔. I don't keep up with all their tune projects so I can't speak on that 馃し馃徔鈥嶁檪锔.

I was just asking what boost reading you were using because if it's at the turbine, max is 43psi or so, so you've got plenty more room on the oem map sensor. Save you a bit of money 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not attacking you, I just wanted to know. The post you put up said the car had a stuffed turbo, meth and nitrous dry kit. That's why I said nitrous.

My car is doing 260 @ 20ish psi atm.. Getting studded this week and gonna try for 400 馃馃徔. I don't keep up with all their tune projects so I can't speak on that 馃し馃徔鈥嶁檪锔.

I was just asking what boost reading you were using because if it's at the turbine, max is 43psi or so, so you've got plenty more room on the oem map sensor. Save you a bit of money 馃榿
I have

Boost gauge analog up to 35psi and I have also jb4 that I used

Registered
Ah. So you're pushing alot atm. I'd probably try to see if you can get your ecu to do more of the heavy lifting and be less reliant on the jb4. Seems like the JB4 is working really hard to make that power.

For instance, if your ecu tune is commanding 25psi and the jb4 is pushing it to 35. Try to get the ecu tune to hit 30 or so by itself so that the jb4 isn't doing all of the work. And that might free up some space for you to push more on the jb4 if you go that route.

Registered
Because from what I've been told, the car won't read a higher map sensor. So even if it works for the jb4, it won't work for the ecu. Your next step would be to go after a haltech or aem ecu 馃槶

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah. So you're pushing alot atm. I'd probably try to see if you can get your ecu to do more of the heavy lifting and be less reliant on the jb4. Seems like the JB4 is working really hard to make that power.

For instance, if your ecu tune is commanding 25psi and the jb4 is pushing it to 35. Try to get the ecu tune to hit 30 or so by itself so that the jb4 isn't doing all of the work. And that might free up some space for you to push more on the jb4 if you go that route.
My Ecu tuned us 29 psi my problem is the pal sensor 馃but I am talking to my tuners

Administrator
I'm trying to understand why you need or want a new map sensor? If you can't answer that I can't help you at all. Also why ask here as your tuner should know and be making the recommendation on what you need to purchase as they'll be the one tuning it anyway. Refer to post #7 if you want to make more power or just ask me I'll gladly help.

Administrator

These guys take many things as an attack or dig in some way and will not share details of the build needed to even help them out. Trust me I've tried to help them before but little info shared = little that I can help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts