Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Korean Unicorn he pointed out the updated map sensor part number in his build thread.

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/member-rides-build-threads/10883-k-u-s-steel-blue-2.html#post509665
Latest Part # 39300-84400

I purchased two of these and put one on the intake manifold on tonight. The map sensor instantly smoothed out my gas pedal inputs to linear where before it felt notchy and hard to control. It also made the BOV less hyperactive dropping off pressure with slight pedal changes. It was almost as if the old sensor only could read psi in even numbers or something odd.

I highly recommend changing yours out, it is probably old and dirty by now anyways.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
They have been running this sensor on a few different KDm models for a long time.. There is also a new part number to replace the boost sensor as well.. However the 84400 is cheaper which is why we all speculate Hyundai made the change on the new models. The old 2G000 sensor is still found on many 2016 models.. All 2017 are going to have the update.. There was no change in Bars either.. SO this seems to be simply a price thing..

·
Registered
377 Posts
My '16 Rally is still using the old sensor. Will upgrade shortly.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah for $35 off ebay from a vendor in florida it came fast. If your throttle input is smooth and happy probably ok but mine was oily and haven't ran catch cans yet. The smoothness of the pedal input is great and welcomed since that has been there since car was new.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Glad I got one of the two!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have the last one.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Has anyone tried swapping the sensors vs buying new ones? I mean if the updated sensor works better than the other one then swapping them would be my first move vs spending anything on a new one.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just looked at my car and the numbers are:
Map Sensor ~ 29300-2G000
Boost Sensor ~ 39300-84400

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Incognito, guess yours is even older...

trdtoy, I also thought of swapping them, but it's $30-35. Why don't you swap them?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My '16 Rally is still using the old sensor. Will upgrade shortly.
Mine too. Still trying to wrap my head around the weirdness that they would use a newer/improved sensor in one location but not the other, unless there was some practical rationale. I guess using up old stock would be reason enough, but still...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Has anyone tried swapping the sensors vs buying new ones? I mean if the updated sensor works better than the other one then swapping them would be my first move vs spending anything on a new one.
i had a 84400 laying around and put it in, no noticeable difference for me.. Does the same but many are reporting a smooth running car

·
Registered
935 Posts
I just looked at my car and the numbers are:
Map Sensor ~ 29300-2G000
Boost Sensor ~ 39300-84400
I think you mis-typed a 2 instead of 3 for the old sensor. If so mines the same. Just ordered another 39300-84400, we shall see if it cures same occasional issues others have mentioned on mine. I'll have it Tuesday so I'll update the thread with findings.

My plan is to put some miles on it and monitor some data so I can get an overall idea of what if any behaviors have gotten better/worse, most of all that it's safe in various engine speeds, throttle inputs, loads, temp/hum/weather, etc.., as we are predicted to see some temp/weather swings throughout the week. Also to be sure the ECU has had time to learn and adjust.

·
Registered
237 Posts
So is this for all years or just the 2016s? I would assume that all models up until a late model production 2016... but wanted to clarify.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts