Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Hyundai gave me "mother's California gold" car wash to wash my young gun Veloster. In my search for a matte paint car wash product, I only found Nanolex or Dr. Beasleys. I was wondering if anyone has actually used this product on their matte paint car?

The back of the bottle looks as if the description was reprinted and stuck on...and I'm worried that they've done a dodgy on me :/

Thanks in advance.

Ps. Nickname was meant to be Cheekylilkitty.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea I have the 16 rally and it came with the dr Beasley which is great but I've also purchased matte products from chemical guys and seems great at a lower price

Reactions: TreeHugger74

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
I love Dr. Beasley's Matte products and at 40% can't beat it. They have outstanding CS to boot. Won't go wrong with any of them really.

I've been wanting to try Swissvax products but $$$

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi everyone.

Hyundai gave me "mother's California gold" car wash to wash my young gun Veloster. In my search for a matte paint car wash product, I only found Nanolex or Dr. Beasleys. I was wondering if anyone has actually used this product on their matte paint car?

The back of the bottle looks as if the description was reprinted and stuck on...and I'm worried that they've done a dodgy on me :/

Thanks in advance.

Ps. Nickname was meant to be Cheekylilkitty.
I would highly recommend checking out Harley Davidson forums. The bikers have had matte paint jobs from the factory for a while now and there are special considerations to maintaining it. I never owned a matte bike, mine were shiney but my buddy has a matte black Fat Boy Lo, I think all he does is soap and water. I'll ask him if I see him today.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you haven't come across it already, the Dr. Beasley's stuff is a bit more reasonable if you ask for your VIP discount. I got this response when I asked about it:

"We are definitely still running the Hyundai VIP program and I will set up an account for you. You'll receive 40% off all bottled products as well as a FREE 32oz bottle of Matte Body Wash when you place your first order. I'll create the account for you and you'll be sent an automatically generated password that you can change once you log in. For the free Matte Body Wash, just add it to your cart and you'll see the cost subtracted at checkout. "

That said, for me another factor is the shipping is still ridiculous to Canada, and I have a lot better luck finding Chemical Guys stuff. Still haven't nearly used up my Dr. Beasley starter kit though.

Reactions: jbr05ki

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your responses.

@TreeHugger74 - I looked it up online and only read the same thing you did.
But the back if the car wash product looks like hey pasted over the description and it now states its for matte paint... Bit dodgy.

@geekdragon - do you mean message chemical guys for a vip discount?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I feel stupid.... But is this applicable in Australia?
I can only see the US dr Beasleys website. I don't think they ship overseas...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sorry I feel stupid.... But is this applicable in Australia?
I can only see the US dr Beasleys website. I don't think they ship overseas...
I don't know if the "VIP program" thing is region specific, but Dr Beasleys does do overseas shipping. It's right in their checkout.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any of the name brand products will work. If you think your label is too sketchy, try it on an inconspicuous area, make sure theres no wax in it. It really comes down to price and flavor, im not too fond of bubblegum so Dr Bs just smells clean.

Whats more important is keeping it sealed, blot don't wipe anything that lands on your paint, the Dr Bs quick touch up (I forget the name) will even soften up and remove tar very quickly. Spray a drop on to a micro fiber, hold it to whatever, then blot off. Works really good.

I try too not wash mine too much (matte hides dirt well), hose it down especially after rain. Other than that, matte is pretty easy maintainance. Did I mention the paint is soft as shit :cool:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ive used both Dr Beasleys and Chemical Bros. regardless of the cost, Chem does a beautiful job of getting the cars finish super flat matte while the Dr's creates a satin finish, not shiny reflective, but almost a sparkle when hit by the light. For the 3.5 years I had my VT, I used the Dr's. Also, for quick clean ups of bird crap, road grime, etc., I used the 50/50 split of water/alcohol in a sprayer bottle and micro fiber towels.

·
Registered
478 Posts
For soap I preferred chemical guys because it was more sudsy from my experience. For sealant, Dr Beasleys is the best. The matte jet seal from CG is too time consuming to apply and the results are the same, maybe even slightly less than what you see with dr Beasleys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I highly recommend using Chemical Guys, good quality stuff and smells like bubble gum!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FSAUHBO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this for around $31, so I would wait for the price to drop a bit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQHY64S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paint Sealant is great too
This +1
Been using their soap, a good drying towel from Oreily's and a high micro fiber cloth along with the Checmical Guys Matte Sealant. Just make sure your cloth is clean or the Sealant leaves a kinda white film look

1 - 17 of 17 Posts