Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I need some help, what is the max boost everyone is seeing in a stock and tuned VT . I am trying to finish up on my tuning stuff and need to find the svbl ....single value boost limiter....this is a hidden little spot in the Ecu that Hyundai has with a single number that no matter how much I change the boost maps....this number will always over ride the maps..all input is appreciated

·
Registered
829 Posts
hey everyone, I need some help, what is the max boost everyone is seeing in a stock and tuned VT . I am trying to finish up on my tuning stuff and need to find the svbl ....single value boost limiter....this is a hidden little spot in the Ecu that Hyundai has with a single number that no matter how much I change the boost maps....this number will always over ride the maps..all input is appreciated
i am on stock tune and have hit 21.9psi (torque app) and have heard after tune of 24psi.

edit picture (because everyone needs proof) lol:
Screenshot_2014-07-17-16-42-26.png

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
With NO mods, your max boost pressure is 18psi on a stock tune. That's what the wastegate is set to on the 13 and 14. I RARELY saw 18, most of the time it was 17.-17.5 and that is gauge verified off intake, not from torque app (which I did see very similar results). It's gear dependent also, so there may be that value hidden for each gear as you won't always hit full boost in every gear. Far as tuned, I wish I knew lololol! :p Keep up the digging MoVT! Hope to see you producing something sick soon!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a boost gauge and max I've seen is 17psi...Stock. No intake (yet), exhaust or other performance mods...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have a boost gauge and max I've see is 17psi...Stock. No intake (yet), exhaust or other performance mods...
^ This. Now, I will say that I have seen more frequency of 18 psi with res delete, SRI, and my exhaust. For a tuned version though, I'd like to see around 23-25psi.. 25 psi in 4th and up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The only thing I have is the RES delete and I'm only seeing 16.5psi max via the Torque App. It's still hot as piss here though so would my boost numbers be normal?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
25 tuned.

·
Registered
580 Posts
On stock tune, SRI only (first configuration), I saw max boost at 16.8 psi. With added downpipe and full exhaust I've seen 17.5 psi max. I'm eager for a tune to 20 and above.

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
tuned boost target 23-24, normally 25/26 seen but i have spiked to 28 LBS when changing from a climb to a downhill or vice versa. feels awesome. (i have never went into limb mode while spiking. all i saw was my prosport red bar climbing up along with the number lol)

when i was stock without a tune with full bolt ons boost target appeared to be 20/21 is what i could get

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
There is more than one :)

My cookie for you today. There are two tables, listed in RPM. Single column, about 10 to 20 cells. That is what you are looking for. Took me 3 months at 4 hours a night to find them... and one is inverted while the other is standard. Try 8 bit when looking for them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Stock seen is 17 to 19 depending on gear.
Tuned seen is 21 to 28 depending on gear (I am sure we have been higher, just cannot datalog higher that that due to the 3 bar sensor)

ECU is programmed base in wheel speed, this is why stock boost in the lower gears (1st and 2nd) is lower than the higher gears. 5th and 6th gear have max boost tables that need to be adjusted when you start tuning for higher hp.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info John.....!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

My cookie for you today. There are two tables, listed in RPM. Single column, about 10 to 20 cells. That is what you are looking for. Took me 3 months at 4 hours a night to find them... and one is inverted while the other is standard. Try 8 bit when looking for them.

Hope this helps.

Your the man John......thank you very much. ..!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Hope this helps.
Thanks John....I am going to keep this as a reference for when everyone is pressuring me to have something done......you are a professional independent tuner, and it took you that long to find that.....never mind the rest of the maps needed to start tuning properly, I may be close to maybe having a stage 0 mappack to start tuning with. I have to admit I came into this a little head strong and a little cocky, now I have a better grip on this ecu and tuning torque based gdi-t platforms. ....and oh buddy, I have a lot of respect for you and what you offer to your customers. ...I have probably hundreds of hours in just mapping the ecu alone.....I hope to be able to make changes to my car before it goes out of warranty. .....lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts