21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Good question tyler lol I was wondering how you were as well

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Thanks John....I am going to keep this as a reference for when everyone is pressuring me to have something done......you are a professional independent tuner, and it took you that long to find that.....never mind the rest of the maps needed to start tuning properly, I may be close to maybe having a stage 0 mappack to start tuning with. I have to admit I came into this a little head strong and a little cocky, now I have a better grip on this ecu and tuning torque based gdi-t platforms. ....and oh buddy, I have a lot of respect for you and what you offer to your customers. ...I have probably hundreds of hours in just mapping the ecu alone.....I hope to be able to make changes to my car before it goes out of warranty. .....lol
Load base bullshit is what it is.

I have 800 to 1000 hours into it now. I am working on a Super Map Pack with another company, hope to have it finished soon. Its a major task trying to get all the decompile done. There are 100's possibly 1000's of maps that are inverted or written top right to lower left. The decompile has to stop everytime it comes across those maps, uhg! The manufactures are getting smarter as they make the ECU's more and more of headache to deal with.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have a map that goes from top left to bottom right...it didn't make sense until I had the correct offset in 16 bit...then....wa-la. ..it did..

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I have a map that goes from top left to bottom right...it didn't make sense until I had the correct offset in 16 bit...then....wa-la. ..it did..
Only one? OMG, you are so in for a treat of massive BS from this ECU and Hyundai programming. Its 50/50, most of them are written properly, the other 50%, take a guess because they are not written in any standard format. Top left to bottom right seems to be working with 20% of them... all the others are all over the place.

I have one map that looks like one map, yet its two maps. In 8 bit, 16 bit an 32 bit... it should be a single map, oh no!!! Its two maps and here is the great thing about it... they are reference maps, so when you make a change to one, you have to make a change to the other or the car runs weird. Its all % based map changes on these two maps, that look as one. Its the dumbest shit I have ever seen. I would have to say its even worse than the Mini Cooper file I was wandering through the other day trying to get a little more power from. This is why it took us so long to get any power out of the VT (well real power).

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Believe me John. ..it would have been way easier for me to have not been a pompous asshole. ..get along with you and have taken you up on your offer that yo pm'ed me....now I have to work harder for way less....lol

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Believe me John. ..it would have been way easier for me to have not been a pompous asshole. ..get along with you and have taken you up on your offer that yo pm'ed me....now I have to work harder for way less....lol
Live and learn. I know I have pissed my fair share of people, but I am the better for it. Just keep plugging away at it and eventually things will start to jive!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I know I have pissed my fair share of people
You never :haha: Then they realise you are a straight shooter and finally listen to what you have to say

·
Registered
38 Posts
14.9 psi all stock on tork app with wi-fi(not Bluetooth).it's beginning to be cold here -7degree C ,so I just wanted to know why my number is so low.
vt 2014 MT

·
Registered
38 Posts
no ahahah I was driving a Hyundai accent before, I just bough a veloster turbo 2014 MT in September 2014.my car as 3000miles on it. I know that the stock BPV does not support boost sometimes,but sometimes later,I would like to modified the VT so,BPV will be changed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got peak at around 18.5psi on a stage 1 TORK tune. Not sure if I should have more or less to be honest but the Torque app on my phone is only registering like 184whp so I know that's wrong. I was also hoping that I would have more Boost Pressure with the mods that I have...idk. It also says that I have 449 ft-lb of torque, which is horribly inaccurate. ***what's everyone's opinion of this?***

21 - 35 of 35 Posts