Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, turboXS BOV, K&N CAI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a catback exhaust system for my car, and right I'm doing my research, and I can't find much about the MBRP system. I've heard nothing but good things about Magnaflow so I'm not worried about that, but is it worth the extra $500. They sound about the same to me. Also, Magnaflow has two exhausts for my car, one for cars without and with an underbody catalytic converter(#15215 and #19325 respectively). Is that referring to a cat delete or something else? Let me know what y'all think.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Id go MBRP, but have it welded together bc they tend to leak. I’ve had three different setups, MBRP sounded the best of them to me. Currently running a straight piped fusion of Torks dump exhaust, welded into Magnaflow, welded into MBRP tips lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you look at magnaflow website for installation guide looks like 19325 would require a cut and 15215 is direct bolt on. In fact I don’t know anyone who installed 19325 before, all vendors seem to carry 15215 only. And 19325 come with additional Y pipe to pair tips of your choice.

If you don’t plan to change downpipe you would still have a cat connected to the exhaust.

Lastly I only had good story about Magnaflow, not too loud and only deep sound with good airflow. Unfortunately I’m returning to stock and selling mine with additional Y pipe with tips for $500. LMK if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,790 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Another option would be doing a muffler and resonator delete and placing muffler/resonator of choice in the car for the sound you want. I helped a local VT in doing this with a custom 3" turbo back setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts