Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After my tune is Installed (hopefully next week I need to start thinking about methane injunction. I know it boost octane levels. Any ideas on how to bullshit the girlfriend on how to go get it installed. She hates the whole modified car thing. (Something about warranty 馃槅). And I live in Cali what is the best fluid for the kit.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
The results are in on this and the answer is consult with trdtoy.

Super Moderator
So the girlfriend does not need to put her 2 cents in unless she's spending the $ on it. If she has something to say just let her know sorry she feels this way. No need to bullshit her.

Fluid wise distilled water is the cheapest and sufficient for most. Also the safest to handle and easy to obtain. Very few actually need methanol in the mix to reach their goals. Key is buying a good kit and setup properly which entails many things.

Registered
Water wont boost octane. But you really have to be pushing things for more octane to be needed.
There are a small number of cars that have come with an oem water injection system.

Super Moderator
Water wont boost octane. But you really have to be pushing things for more octane to be needed.
There are a small number of cars that have come with an oem water injection system.
Correct, water does not boost octane. It reduces IAT, cools the internals to prevent hot spots, and suppresses knock to allow the car to make more power on a given fuel in the tank. It also does not alter the afr or fuel trims. Much less costly than methanol and sufficient for most cars. Methanol will have further benefits due to the small amount octane added and better cooling qualities. Just much higher cost of operation to get the most benefits.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
So the girlfriend does not need to put her 2 cents in unless she's spending the $ on it. If she has something to say just let her know sorry she feels this way. No need to bullshit her.

Fluid wise distilled water is the cheapest and sufficient for most. Also the safest to handle and easy to obtain. Very few actually need methanol in the mix to reach their goals. Key is buying a good kit and setup properly which entails many things.
My girl is Mexican so super stubborn and so just put distilled water in to keep from getting hot? Methanol and distilled if I want more powa

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
My girl is Mexican so super stubborn and so just put distilled water in to keep from getting hot? Methanol and distilled if I want more powa
And she has this whole 鈥淚 should save money for the wedding鈥, which I havent popped the question yet

Super Moderator
Yes water will add power and meth more power! But, need different nozzle sizes and controller settings for both. I usually setup kits with a nozzle for 50/50. This way it can be ran on the same nozzle for any fluid with a change on the controller only.

Side note, RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, water tank for the new smog cleaner and mpg booster on the car! Also good for preventing cancer in California.

Super Moderator
yeah lolol

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yes water will add power and meth more power! But, need different nozzle sizes and controller settings for both. I usually setup kits with a nozzle for 50/50. This way it can be ran on the same nozzle for any fluid with a change on the controller only.

Side note, RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, water tank for the new smog cleaner and mpg booster on the car! Also good for preventing cancer in California.
This will probably make more sense once I have one of these 馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Super Moderator
On my to do list

Registered
This will probably make more sense once I have one of these 馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔
Just water = cooler intake air temps which means more power
water and methanol = more cooling and more octane which means more more potential power
just methanol = a lot more octane. this would only be needed if you have a tune for it.

Super Moderator
Methanol = more octane and cooling

Premium Member
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT w/ Tech Package
Which Veloster do you have and what are your performance goals? There is a lot of power to be had without hitting harmful temps. You are in California, so Ethanol should be readily available and also a cheaper fuel. Ethanol reduces combustion temps and adds more power. If you run E15 aka Unleaded 88 you will likely save money on gas (at least when you keep your foot off the floor) and you can tell your GF it鈥檚 better for the environment. @trdtoy will likely chime in with some input depending on which year you have. Some of the older years apparently don鈥檛 have a smart enough ECU to get much performance benefits from ethanol blends. I have a 2016 VT DCT with Tech Package which happens to have a lower final drive gear ratio which makes it quicker, a few custom mods, some weight reduction, a JB4 piggyback tuner and it鈥檚 pretty damn quick. Depending on how aggressively I increase boost and some other settings I can pull 0-60 anywhere in the 5s range.

Premium Member
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT w/ Tech Package
So the girlfriend does not need to put her 2 cents in unless she's spending the $ on it. If she has something to say just let her know sorry she feels this way.
Good advice for reducing weight by eliminating the GF. 馃槅

1 - 20 of 21 Posts