Veloster Turbo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well I was able to get both the water & crank brand new for $100 bucks, so it was hard to say no even for the "minimal" gains.

Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Now you can sell them for more $ and come out on top! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok, so at this point, I'm stuck between going meth/water inj as @trdtoy stated or upgrading/stuffed my replacement turbo.

Administrator
No need in upgrading the turbo when the stock turbo can easily slip the DCT clutches.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Module 19 for PCMflash |ECUtools.eu

I've tuned already in the past as you all know, but do I need the pcm flash software since I am still utilizing the same win10 laptop?

Administrator
Should be able to use the same thing used before.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

Getting these to wrap up some of the wiring that gets super hot under the hood

Super Moderator
It鈥檚 so cheap if you buy a huge qty !

I wonder how long until it starts to melt and feel gross ? That鈥檚 the worst. Everything I鈥檝e taped So far I feel I am going to regret later

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
It鈥檚 so cheap if you buy a huge qty !

I wonder how long until it starts to melt and feel gross ? That鈥檚 the worst. Everything I鈥檝e taped So far I feel I am going to regret later
Resists Temps -80掳F (-62掳C) to 500掳F (260掳C)

Material: Silicone

No Adhesive Therefore No Residue when Removed

Conforms to Shape to Create an Air and Water Tight Seal

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Getting closer gents!

So I'm going the water/methanol route as recommended by @trdtoy

So of course there are 3 tanks I am seeing for the kit.
-1 gallon
-1.15 gallon
-5 gallon

Correct me if I'm wrong? Is the 1 gallon the same as the 1.15 gallon? Is this due to the v1, v2 & v3 aem kits sold throughout it's revisions? I mean what are the differences between revisions if anyone wants to enlighten me & I will reach out to AEM myself for confirmation.

I already have the 1 gallon v2 tank & kit, but want to know if anyone has a 5 gallon or if it's even worth upgrading to that tank?

Thanks All!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Correct

Administrator
Getting closer gents!

So I'm going the water/methanol route as recommended by @trdtoy

So of course there are 3 tanks I am seeing for the kit.
-1 gallon
-1.15 gallon
-5 gallon

Correct me if I'm wrong? Is the 1 gallon the same as the 1.15 gallon? Is this due to the v1, v2 & v3 aem kits sold throughout it's revisions? I mean what are the differences between revisions if anyone wants to enlighten me & I will reach out to AEM myself for confirmation.

I already have the 1 gallon v2 tank & kit, but want to know if anyone has a 5 gallon or if it's even worth upgrading to that tank?

Thanks All!!!
1 gallon is an older version tank. The 1.15 gallon is newer version tank. They do have different overall dimensions including the bolt holes on them. The 5 gallon tank was never available in a kit with the controller you'd need for a VT.

Larger tank is more weight and less filling up. Also less room in the trunk as that's where the 5 gallon would have to go. If you want larger capacity with no space lost I can make one that's concealed by the rear bumper. Keep in mind fluid use will be no greater than 20% that of fuel when the water/meth is setup properly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
1 gallon is an older version tank. The 1.15 gallon is newer version tank. They do have different overall dimensions including the bolt holes on them. The 5 gallon tank was never available in a kit with the controller you'd need for a VT.

Larger tank is more weight and less filling up. Also less room in the trunk as that's where the 5 gallon would have to go. If you want larger capacity with no space lost I can make one that's concealed by the rear bumper. Keep in mind fluid use will be no greater than 20% that of fuel when the water/meth is setup properly.
I like the idea of not always having to pour & fill as often which is why I mentioned the 5 gallon tank, but you are saying that the AEM 5 gallon tank wouldn't work with the v2 kit or your fittings? I really might just give my friend his kit back instead of selling it since I won't be needing alot of the parts as you have more robust parts that I will be utilizing :)

You are also saying that you can make a larger capacity tank? I don't use the spare tire kit areawith that portable cheap air filler contraption the car came with. It's simply empty.

Administrator
The tanks are all compatible. The controller that came in any 5 gallon kit would not be ideal for the VT. The 1 or 1.15 gallon kit controller it would depend on the controller it has.

Let me know what all specific parts you have so that I can see what you'll need before you give back a free kit. Unless you just want to spend more $.

Yes I can make larger tanks to go anywhere but $$$. Another cheaper option without losing the space of the 5 gallon is tying multiple 1 or 1.15 gallon tanks together.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The tanks are all compatible. The controller that came in any 5 gallon kit would not be ideal for the VT. The 1 or 1.15 gallon kit controller it would depend on the controller it has.

Let me know what all specific parts you have so that I can see what you'll need before you give back a free kit. Unless you just want to spend more $.

Yes I can make larger tanks to go anywhere but $$$. Another cheaper option without losing the space of the 5 gallon is tying multiple 1 or 1.15 gallon tanks together.
It's simply the v2 kit from socal garageworks & that's good confirmation that the 5 gallon kit is compatible.

A bigger tank would be necessary for me since the methanol I would need to source is about an hour & a half away. I'd rather not carry methanol & jugs of distilled water around with me in the car everywhere I go, ya feel me?

Administrator
Just keep in mind you do not need methanol. Only run methanol in the mix if you want more cooling and knock suppression than just the water will provide.

The distance you can run on water will be more than on methanol as the proper nozzle size and controller settings will be different to optimize things.

Also if you plan to run methanol then buy in bulk to not have to make that trip often.

Any AEM kit would be compatible/work but not all would be best suited for the VT. There is a difference. In the case you speak of the controller that comes with the 5 gallon kit is not great for a VT and the controller that comes with 1 or 1.15 gallon kit may or may not be ideal. Depends on what you have.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
picked up a set of 2020 r-spec rims with Michelin Pilot Sport 4's

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
thanks to @misnblu for confirmation & confidence on brake fluid as I picked up 2 bottles of the motul 600

Reactions: misnblu
41 - 60 of 84 Posts