1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
KYB Excel- G front struts have been purchased

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
the overhaul continues...question:

should I consider control arms & inner and outer tie rods since I'm at 120k miles?

oh & wheel bearings since they are so inexpensive?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
448 Posts
the overhaul continues...question:

should I consider control arms & inner and outer tie rods since I'm at 120k miles?

oh & wheel bearings since they are so inexpensive?
Inner tie rods rarely wear out. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Check the inner tie rod boots to see their condition and if they're in great shape then just replace the outer tie rods.
If they're bad you can replace the boots with a boot kit without having to replace the entire inner set. If a boot is broken then replace the inners otherwise they last the life of the car with good boots.
Id suggest you also replace the lower ball joint as well while you're in there.

Control arms are a yes but don't cheap out with low priced knock offs.
If you're replacing bearings get the Timken or Moog bearings with the Timken being the first choice. They're the best in the industry and one of my go to's for anything bearing related.
👍

·
Super Moderator
3,437 Posts
yeah, stuff like that you really have to get under disconnect and grab them ... even on my o1 rio crapcan the front end wiggle i had wasnt the innter tierods... it was the stupid rack. and then the remanufactured rack had the same problem. stupid ford parts!!!

fwiw i'm still running original tie rods and swaybar links, control arms and bearings :cool: when i put the konis on everything still looked fine.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts