Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so yesterday I did some more logging, specifically 3rd and 4th gear boost runs as well as setting up a gauge layout on the application.

First things first, if we could control the boost pressure and fuelling this car would be insane.. in a relative sense of course. The boost spikes at 20lbs but over the course of a few seconds drops about 5lbs, if not more. Spools up like a banshee though.. see for yourself.

First was a third gear pull, second was a fourth gear pull.

The car also seems to be very rich in the wot, full boost range. The stock sensor is a narrowband but Iassume it is close.to 10:1 like it shows. I will have to replace the o2 with a wideband at some point to get more accurate results.

If we could control the boost control solenoid and still have it spike to 20 and only drop to 18lbs the car would pull quite a bit harder. Seems like there is enough fuel as it is to where fuelling would not have to be adjusted much or at all, specially with meth injection.

Here is a screenshot of the torque layout I setup with gauges. Don't mind the hp or 0-60 for now. Not accurate at all..

You can see the high and lows of the readout designated by the little arrows.

Here is my dash setup with a 15$ walmart suction mount

Works great and can get a ton of info.. much cheaper than a bunch of gauges and no need to get a pillar pod that looks ugly.

Reactions: VTDawg

·
Registered
375 Posts
looks sweet bro. what phone are you using? that thing looks like a huge beast. lol, in a good way.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..

Samsung epic 4g.. 4" screen. Will be getting the galaxy s3 in october.. 4.5" screen on that bad boy :)

Would be nice to figure out a way to have the 7" screen act as the screen on the droid though!

·
Registered
375 Posts
in the pic it looks huge. i thought that phone was bigger than mine but im running the htc evo 4g lte

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheapo schoshe or w/e walmart mount by the car-audio section.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine just worked right out of the box.. When I get on the gas at all the vacuum turns into boost.

·
Registered
373 Posts
How does this work? Does it go into OBD or something?

I've used those accelerometer deals which are completely in-accurate.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
their is a dongle that just plugs into the OBDII port and is bluetooth.. connect your phone to it and voila, instant access to all of the cars sensors.

·
Registered
373 Posts
their is a dongle that just plugs into the OBDII port and is bluetooth.. connect your phone to it and voila, instant access to all of the cars sensors.

Sounds sweet, Is this android/windows phone only?

I'd love to pick it up for my iPhone

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not sure if torque is on the iphone but I am sure there is some type of OBD II software for the iphone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Torque not available for iPhone, only option is Rev which is not as good. Also have to use a wifi or hardwire connector for ODBII because of the way iOS locks down bluetooth.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow.. dumb..

they do have OBD II wifi dongles though but a bit more expensive (like 40-50+) vs. 12-25$.

Android FTW!

holy shit.. they have a good obdII app for the iphone.. it is 50$.. another reason I HATE the iphone..

Rev looks like it still has some pretty decent features and would still be much less for the Wifi dongle + rev than a real scan tool.

·
Registered
373 Posts
holy shit.. they have a good obdII app for the iphone.. it is 50$.. another reason I HATE the iphone.
I have an iPhone for daily use and testing and keep a droid on had for testing as well (App dev)

What is the app you are talking about for 50$ that is good?

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Scantool.net has their own adapter and app as well. I bought their adapter...yes I paid a lot more. But for something I can drop on any car and pull codes or get stats...its worth it to me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nicely down Turbosock!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts