Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to find information about swapping my 2013 engine but to no luck so my question for yall is where should I look and what type of engine should I look for? I heard the 2013 turbos were problem engines so it's making me nervous lol I want to get a little bit bigger engine like a 2.0 to try and squeeze out more hp and get a bigger turbo and such and just make it faster all with reliability so any advice or shops I should look at would be great!

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
Just a built G4FJ will be fine for power and cost. You can take it to a higher displacement and do many other things to make more power reliably. What needs to be done depends on goals for the car. I'm on a mission to make one support 1k hp which is just stupid numbers for the engine displacement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a built G4FJ will be fine for power and cost. You can take it to a higher displacement and do many other things to make more power reliably. What needs to be done depends on goals for the car. I'm on a mission to make one support 1k hp which is just stupid numbers for the engine displacement.
I would be happy with over 300 hp tbh but someone told me to go with a stuffed turbo so that may be another option im just scared my engine is gonna blow up on me lol

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
If you only want 300 that will be easy. Low mileage 15-17 VT engine with ARP head studs will hold that easily. Then stuffed turbo with supporting mods and safe tune.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hmm, thanks trdtoy I was wondering about the same thing for the future.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
527 Posts
Hmm, thanks trdtoy I was wondering about the same thing for the future.
Just do it. 😂
I'm going stock turbo initially (thank you again @TooGqForYou 🙏🏽) and a good safe tune from the master @trdtoy .
Stuffed turbo is always an option later if needed (probably 😂🤷🏼‍♂️) and the motor/ head will be built for 400 anyway so no problems for later upgrade.

@Iforgetmyemail stick with the stock setup (with arp head studs) as mentioned, get a good safe tune for it, and go from there the whole time saving up for that stuffed turbo for later. 👍🤟

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just do it. 😂
I'm going stock turbo initially (thank you again @TooGqForYou 🙏🏽) and a good safe tune from the master @trdtoy .
Stuffed turbo is always an option later if needed (probably 😂🤷🏼‍♂️) and the motor/ head will be built for 400 anyway so no problems for later upgrade.

@Iforgetmyemail stick with the stock setup (with arp head studs) as mentioned, get a good safe tune for it, and go from there the whole time saving up for that stuffed turbo for later. 👍🤟
I'm think of getting my engine done with stud bolts, rods, piston, springs, overstuff turbo but tuned for street DD and Raceway. Also, I think of getting an LSD for 6spd transmission. I have had enough of landscaping trucks cutting me off, or almost running me off the road. BTW if anyone can think of something I left out (poke trdtoy) let me know.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Long as you have good flow mods, good cooling, and good high octane fuel low to mid 300's all day on that setup. Suggest a good clutch and flywheel as the oem can be made to slip with those mods.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm think of getting my engine done with stud bolts, rods, piston, springs, overstuff turbo but tuned for street DD and Raceway. Also, I think of getting an LSD for 6spd transmission. I have had enough of landscaping trucks cutting me off, or almost running me off the road. BTW if anyone can think of something I left out (poke trdtoy) let me know.
Get the Quaife lsd and KDMTUNERS has an excellent video on installing it on YouTube.
Ive bookmarked it for my eventual lsd install.

Let us know what kit or setup you're planning on going with as I'm still on the fence with choosing the Tork kit or the KDMTuners kit for the motor build. 👍🙏🏽

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Research things well beforehand :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
have already downloaded the KDM videos, for when YouTube takes them down. As for the motor I am leaning towards KDM since 6 Elements uses them. But I try to keep an open mind, I have about 40 GB of videos and documents just on Veloster related mods. I do so like to research mods and product for my VT, the only thing I wish is that I could find a rent-a-shop, so I could do more hands on work. When I was younger I raced circle tracks in New York, that lead me to work closely with the repair crew. I think you can make a special bond with your car when Blood and Oil mix.

·
Registered
527 Posts
have already downloaded the KDM videos, for when YouTube takes them down. As for the motor I am leaning towards KDM since 6 Elements uses them. But I try to keep an open mind, I have about 40 GB of videos and documents just on Veloster related mods. I do so like to research mods and product for my VT, the only thing I wish is that I could find a rent-a-shop, so I could do more hands on work. When I was younger I raced circle tracks in New York, that lead me to work closely with the repair crew. I think you can make a special bond with your car when Blood and Oil mix.
For my curiosity sake how did you down load the videos?
Was it directly from their site or YouTube?
Did you down load to your pc or phone?
I may want to do the same for a couple I've got book marked.
Tganks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use Firefox with an extension add-on "SaveFrom.net helper" which add a download tab, and "YouTube High Definition" for video quality.

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 13 of 13 Posts