Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'16 VT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight, resident FNG here decided to get his big britches on and try out a muffler delete.

Found one of the older muffler delete threads here and decided to give it a go, cause you give a gearhead an angle grinder and a welder, you give the world hope. Sourced the 90's from the local parts shop (crush-formed, I know) and the y-pipe from Amazon. Proceeded to drop the muffler down and out to get a better look at it and figure how fitment was gonna go.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Fluid Road surface Plastic bottle Asphalt Liquid

Cut the connection to the muffler loose and did some mock fitting before tacking it all in place. And well...I didn't hate the way it sounded, but I know I could do better. So I used google-fu and looked for some inspiration. Found some through this and looked to see what I could do to make it. After some running around, I've secured the dry fit and discovered that I'll have to drop the exhaust bezel for the actual fit. I'm all for using the cheaper pipe just to see how much cost savings are. Will be posting when V2 gets installed after it warms up a bit.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting

Cheers!
-Not Dave

Reactions: Incognito

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Vitamin C
10 Posts
Wow V2 looking good my mechanic wants me to get a good Y pipe before he fabs me up my muffler delete but i like that this is based on the Takeda axle back if it wasn't close to 500 id buy it . Id also love to hear how yours sounds when you get a chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts