Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting rid of my SOLO, I realized how much I missed the sound of it. I spend some time trying to find an axle-back system. Everything was either to expensive or not worth the hassle of getting. So I decided to go with a muffler delete. I couldn't find a muffler shop that I felt would do a decent job. I had a friend of mind take a stab at it. We started out with a stock muffle I purchase from another member. Bought some exhaust pipe and a Y-pipe. Then let my friend do his thing. I think it coming out pretty good. Auto part Pipe Automotive exhaust Muffler Exhaust system
Auto part Automotive exhaust Machine Metal
Auto part Automotive engine part Automotive super charger part Engine Metal
Auto part Pipe Exhaust manifold Automotive exhaust Muffler
Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust manifold Pipe Exhaust system

·
Registered
400 Posts
thats gonna be nice i wish i had the skill to make my own parts

Reactions: FRAv

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welding is complete. It fits like a glove!. We have one more test fit for the final hanger and some high heat paint and its done.
Automotive exhaust Auto part Exhaust manifold Exhaust system Pipe
Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Exhaust manifold Muffler

Reactions: CES

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks great! I've got a similar delete that a shop did, but they used crush bend pipe and I'm not happy with that. Going to use this as a guide and buy my own welder and start learning to do this on my own.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All I bought was 2 90's and the y-pipe from Jegs. There was enough material in the 90's for the strait pieces.
2 90 exhaust pipes part# 679-MB2007 $18.03 each
1 Y-pipe 2.5" part# 642-10768 $31.81
shipping was free
I 've got about $200 tie up in it. But, I did buy a spare stock muffler to start with.
I like the ability to swap it back to stock if need be.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe your buddy can make these to sell :)
I can check with him. He is always looking to make an extra buck. LOL His turn around rate is a little slow. He does it when he has time. It took over a week to get to where it is now. LOL

Reactions: Jerm

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I know. I got the same thing. I could get it cheap. Then I would end up with a crappy cheap exhaust. I just got lucky and my buddy is a good fabricator.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Did you feel any loss of power? I deleted both my muffler and resonator but I feel like I lost a lot. I'm thinking of putting a cherry bomb resonator in to get some back pressure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you feel any loss of power? I deleted both my muffler and resonator but I feel like I lost a lot. I'm thinking of putting a cherry bomb resonator in to get some back pressure.
The only back pressure is between the exhaust mani and the turbo. It's not like a NA car that needs that back pressure from the exhaust. Anything post-turbo is just a restriction resulting in slower spool.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.