Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just turned 1,000 miles and decided it was enought time to start modding besides getting the tint doen the first day i got it. I painted the inside headlights black, tinted the rear taillights only the red section, left the white. I tinted the rear reflectors. I painted the front emblem. I lowered her with the Eibach Pro-kit and threw in a K&N drop in for now. I did paint the rear emblem that nite but didnt take pictures yet.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Headlamp Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior Bumper Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hyundai veloster

Reactions: hail2030

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really like the head and tail lights. I asked the guy who did my tint if he could do the tails and he said it would be to hard did you do them yourself or did the tint co?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I had to take the headlights out and take them apart to paint the insides and then put the headlights back together and reseal them. The rears i just taped off and painted with tint spray. I did have some help from some of my Honda buddies who have done this to their cars :).
Also i did add a coat of clear on the taillights and the third brake light after they were painted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks guys, I had to take the headlights out and take them apart to paint the insides and then put the headlights back together and reseal them. The rears i just taped off and painted with tint spray. I did have some help from some of my Honda buddies who have done this to their cars :).
Also i did add a coat of clear on the taillights and the third brake light after they were painted.
am assuming you had to bake the headlights? of not please tell me how you got them off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
am assuming you had to bake the headlights? of not please tell me how you got them off.
Actually i didnt have to, i just used a heat gun and they were surprisingly pretty easy to open.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually i didnt have to, i just used a heat gun and they were surprisingly pretty easy to open.
I will have to try it. i think your the pioneer of doing that at least on the VT that i know of sorry for all the ?'s. also what kind of paint did you use?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
goood to hear they were easy to get open. I was going to do this right away but have had trouble with getting other vehicles headlights open and didn't want to ruin the brand new headlights.

·
2,385 Posts
Nice job, totally dig the headlights! Even the tail reflectors came out nicer than I had expected and the taillights are a nice touch with keeping the reverse clean and clear. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks very nice with the blacked out front & rears!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I really want to do my headlights like that. Did it succesfully on one car before, but just not sure I can bring myself to risk doing it on this one with it being brand new and the housings being so damn expensive. CRAP.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I notice a lot of people neglected to do the third brake light when they nightshade their taillights. I think it's crucial!!

Also I like how you did your brake lights with the bottom cut out. Looks good!! Might have to try that with mine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I notice a lot of people neglected to do the third brake light when they nightshade their taillights. I think it's crucial!!

Also I like how you did your brake lights with the bottom cut out. Looks good!! Might have to try that with mine.
thanks, o i did do my third brake light :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts