Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some minor custom work. I like to do my own just so I can tinker with my VT. Subtle Red touches, Night Shades, Forge BOV, LED interior lighting, HID low beams & Fog lights, CAI & Catch Can.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai Hatchback Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai Bumper Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Family car Engine Vehicle Auto part Car City car Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive engine part Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

ttwotees :cool2:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Some very nice work you have going on there!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Can you list what size and connection type all the interior LEDs are???

Also, great pictures and great work!! Love the red on black!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Interior LEDs are a kit sold by exLED shop; a Veloster Turbo vendor/supporter.

Contact Sam for VT Forum discount.

See: exLED Interior LED Lamp Module for Veloster

By the way, the LEDs in the kit fit perfectly in the Veloster lamp sockets and include one for each map light, make-up mirror (2), trunk light, and license plate lights (2).
Don't buy the glove box LED unless you plan on installing one because the Veloster doesn't come with one OEM.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I never knew smoked tail lights would look SO NICE on a black veloster turbo >_<

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I never knew smoked tail lights would look SO NICE on a black veloster turbo >_<
Thank You

They blend in nicely don't they ? The Night Shades was so easy to apply (in my garage) that they look like they came that way.

I'm not claiming that I did such a perfect job. It was simply easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey ttwotees is that red plastidip you did the trim in? where did you get the cai at? Looks cool. I have a black vt, i've plasti dipped rims painted the brake calipers red, was trying to decide if I wanted to do the trim in red or gray seeing inside is gray. After seeing your leaning toward the red, but don't want to look like a copy cat.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey ttwotees is that red plastidip you did the trim in? where did you get the cai at? Looks cool. I have a black vt, i've plasti dipped rims painted the brake calipers red, was trying to decide if I wanted to do the trim in red or gray seeing inside is gray. After seeing your leaning toward the red, but don't want to look like a copy cat.

Yes, I used PlastiDip everywhere you see Red. Also on my engine insulating cover. I have gray inside too, but don't think gray on outside trim would look as distinctive. It doesn't bother me if you like yours to look like mine; We aren't even in the same state. I built the CAI myself with some input by Turbosocks. Have you noticed the sparkles in the black paint ? Sweet !

·
Registered
250 Posts
You plastidip the brakes caliper??

I thought about that, tried to order some blaze orange plastidip, but they wouldn't ship it unless I order 6 cans :-/

I have some Vitamin C body matching paint... wonder if I can use it... it's not high temp though :-/

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts