Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , just got this today and installed in about 30 min. Real easy job. It is much louder then i thought but i'll get used to it! Here's some pics... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Engine Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Auto part City car

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the pics. That second pic shows a possible perfect place to mount a catch can between the SRI and the battery.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, i just got back from a 10 mile drive and this sri makes what sounds like a low level grinding noise during acceleration. I had the same injen on my na veloster and it did not make this noise...i'm assuming this is turbo related, so....is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
You sure its placed all the way in? The only thing you should be hearing is a tornado and air being sucked in... and its loud. Also should hear the turbo spooling...

·
Registered
407 Posts
My stock VT made a sound like that this morning when I used the cruise control to get back up to speed after some really slow traffic. Definitely a little strange.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is my full CAI I just received yesterday. Although way louder than expected, something just doesnt sound right either. I even had a performance shop check it out, and apparently nothings wrong. So I'm assuming the noises are normal??? From the outside its intimidating as hell though. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Reactions: anticmos

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
This is my full CAI I just received yesterday. Although way louder than expected, something just doesnt sound right either. I even had a performance shop check it out, and apparently nothings wrong. So I'm assuming the noises are normal??? From the outside its intimidating as hell though. View attachment 1321
What did you do with the recirculating cable that was connected to the intake? I don't want mind hanging in the engine bay doing nothing so I haven't disconnected it... a video would be nice ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just did an install of the CAI and I get a really loud intake drone at normal driving rpm's(Prolly till like 2000-2500rpm) is this normal? When I really get on it, it sounds great, but for regular driving its a little annoying. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just did an install of the CAI and I get a really loud intake drone at normal driving rpm's(Prolly till like 2000-2500rpm) is this normal? When I really get on it, it sounds great, but for regular driving its a little annoying. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
That's what i'm experiencing, so it seems it's normal since the few that have this intake are hearing the same thing, but i agree that it's annoying.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I know just having a CAI you will be able to hear the motor more than before. But you shouldn't be hearing "Grinding noise" A deep tone, maybe the sucking from the turbo and all. But grinding sounds like a bad thing. Maybe it isn't a grinding sound and more of deep motor tone.

·
Registered
438 Posts
just sounds like air noise on the video I thought, cant hear a grind at all but maybe in person it is more pronounced. you sure it just isnt an intake noise?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts