Veloster Turbo Forum banner

My new "n"

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  azycray 
#1 ·
Hey all , i just got my 19 "N" here Alabama it is the 250 horse version and i am truly surprised i have not got through the 600 break in yet but the power is surprising i will have so much fun . I will post some more photos later . i was expecting the 19' tires but got 18' new styled rims. have a good onw .

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Can you post on how much you paid?

#4 · (Edited)
Here in huntsville i got it for sticker which was 27.785. i actually got it the very or should i say started the process the second it rolled in on the car transporter. i was in haveing my 15 r-spec serviced. truly ment to be i guess. andif anyone is paying attention i had the continental extream contact dws tires off my old r-spec the tires on the N were p-zero and only had a 12,000 mile hyundai warrenty which my continentals have over 30,000 left on them only 6 month old and since the other tires were summer tires and i intend to go hame to W VA next month i wanted my tires instead of the summer ones

#5 ·
A quick note i have got through the break in period i began playing around with the N grin mode and my exaust sound exactly like the sounds in the videos on you tube it crackels and pops the same way. the sound is getting a little louder and pops more as i get a few more miles on the car . i was thinking that it would not be as much because i had not really hear it do it . most of the cars in the videos have a few thousand miles on them. So i expect it will increase with age.

#7 ·
what made you purchase the base N vs the performance pack?

My real question is, are the tuning abilities identical to the perfomance pack N even though stock hp's are different due to OEM tunes? Yes, I am aware of the other add-ons with the perfomance pack, but I'm specifically speaking in terms of tune.

Reactions: TyBardy
#9 ·
#10 ·
Wrong i knew about the performance pack but i did not want it pacifically because i do not intend to track race the car or really go to a track to test it out . i will occasionally race it here and there but i dont feel the need for all the options that come with the PP i am happy with what i have . It is perfect for me . i was in dealership getting my 15 r-spec serviced and in comes the car on a truck . it was within my price range and it might silly but i think it was ment to be.

#11 ·
as i understand the differences are smaller brakes fewer adjustable options in the N GRIN no limited slip posi dif . but with the 25 hp difference and the same torque is there any real difference in straight line performance ? I haven't seen a non performance model test drove or compared to the performance version. all i have is a little less brake performance less track performance and fewer adjustable N GRIN options and 18 in tires which gives me more choices with tires so i think the PP vs the non PP is up to intended use and desired options. which comes down to a couple grand .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.