Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how this can happen but I am not a happy camper. This by far has been one of my most favorite upgrades. Now I need to drive it home this way to take it off. Hope the other end does not come loose.

20150930_093008.jpg
20150930_093020.jpg
20150930_093029.jpg
0930150926.jpg

Reactions: Velostaaman

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone on the "What did you do to your Veloster today" thread said it is a known defect of the first version of torsion bars. Is this true Jim?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Same thing happened to mine a little over a month ago. According to Jim this was a defect of the first version. Unfortunately I was passed the 1 year warranty period when it happened. Personally I think if it's actually a known defect though his supplier should replace the ones this is happening to.

·
Super Moderator
3,257 Posts
happens to the WL bars too. my 1st gen WL bar snapped. i think i have a 2nd gen Pierce bar now.

·
Registered
718 Posts
happens to the WL bars too. my 1st gen WL bar snapped. i think i have a 2nd gen Pierce bar now.
From what he told me this should be a non issue on 2nd gen bars. They upped the size of the flange that snaps quite considerable. The problem with mine though, is that, that flange was pretty rusted also, which should not happen on something that's powdercoated when it's barely over a year old.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope he can come onto this thread and just clear it up for me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do. Thanks -X-.

Reactions: -X-

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No disrespect to Pierce but we are talking about a known defect. I guess consumer laws in Australia are somewhat better than the US...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a bit reluctant to buy another one knowing it may snap again. I haven't spoken to Jim yet and I definitely feel a difference without it but seems like money down the drain.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have had it on since day one from 100 miles to right now 14k miles and not once did I have to touch it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a bwoody performance prototype.....I'm trying to convince him to start making products for the VT. I was basically sponsored by him when I had my ion redline and his product are top notch. But here is his bar

My issue with this bar is that it appears to sit too low and may cause clearance issues. At least the Pierce version curves up a bit.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm a bit reluctant to buy another one knowing it may snap again. I haven't spoken to Jim yet and I definitely feel a difference without it but seems like money down the drain.
I haven't seen any issues with the revised torsion bars. I believe that only a few out of the very first batch have had issues.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The bar is low but not the lowest part of the car and remember it travels with the rear shocks so if u go over something in the middle of the wheels it's going to have to be pretty high and that bar won't be the first thing u hit

Reactions: JimboUSMC17

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am a little confused why anyone would have to "buy" another one?
Well I had it on the car for more than 2 years and the vendors here are small. They can't afford to replace every broken or busted items like Walmart or some other large businesses.

The bar works in stabilizing the rear end of the car, so I happily bought a new one rather than wiping out going around a curve.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I am a little confused why anyone would have to "buy" another one?
1 year warranty. Kinda sucks though that upon discovering that there was a "defect" with the first batch that they wouldn't extend that warranty a bit to the ones that were effected. Or do something. I haven't bought a new one yet, and definitely missing the effect it has on the rear.

Reactions: didisinned
1 - 20 of 32 Posts