Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a WL and it broke too. Same thing as in the picture of the first post. My issue was probably due to the roads where I live. They are extremely uneven in places and have large undulations everywhere. The bar would have to work extremely hard to keep the rear together going over that kind of stuff. Debating on if I should even consider getting a new bar. Would go with PM this time though.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I had a WL and it broke too. Same thing as in the picture of the first post. My issue was probably due to the roads where I live. They are extremely uneven in places and have large undulations everywhere. The bar would have to work extremely hard to keep the rear together going over that kind of stuff. Debating on if I should even consider getting a new bar. Would go with PM this time though.
Pierce improved the design at the point of failure. SInce he has done this i havent seen one failed bar from the new design.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My first batch Pierce bar just failed last week after almost 3 years. Granted I don't push my car that much that often. New one is already on the way.

·
Registered
511 Posts
When was the design changed? Trying to figure out if I should keep a hacksaw in the back of my car for highway emergencies since I've had mine a while. :haha:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't mention a shovel, that's the most important part of all of this.

·
Registered
694 Posts
When was the design changed? Trying to figure out if I should keep a hacksaw in the back of my car for highway emergencies since I've had mine a while. :haha:
Best date I can find is probably around the Summer of 2014. My original broke as well in September of 2014 and have been using the newer design since. When mine broke I wrapped a wire clothes hanger around the bar and then the torsion beam. It worked for a couple of days before I was able to get my tools and under the car to remove it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I bought mine in September of 2014 so I'm probably okay then. That makes me feel better.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts