Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Well i figured i start a build thread for my 2015 Trubo Veloster and keep it updated as the days go by. I have huge plans for this little neck breaker.

Today i did the Bov mod. sounds great so far.
Tomorrow i am working on temporary mods.
1.Resonator and Muffler delete with a straight pipe
2.Removing the filter and box, so i can make a custom intake for it.

Now these are all temporary mods. Will replace all of this with the list below within 2 months or so.
Added links and prices for other peoples interests. Also if anyone has input please share.

0.)Tint-$200.00 Limo in the back and legal in the front. Also making my fogs yellow.

1.)Blowoff Valve Kit-$225.00
Zero1000 Blowoff Valve Kit, importshark.com

2.)Carbon Fiber OEM Hood-$561.00
Seibon Carbon Fiber OEM Hood for Veloster

3.)Cat-Back Exhaust-$705.00 (Looking into a turbo down pipe system) so not sure about this yet
2012-2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust System - Advance Automotive

4.)Coilovers-$995.00
BC Racing - BR Type Coilovers - DWS Parts - Do Work Son - Aftermarket Automotive Parts & Accessories Store

5.)Front Bumper Devil Claws-$35.00
Hyundai Veloster Front Bumper Head Lamp Garnish Molding Devil's Claw 11 12 13 14 | eBay

6.)Injen Short Ram Intake-$225.00
2013-2015 Hyundai Veloster (1.6 Turbo Models) Injen Short Ram Intake

7.)Miro 111 Wheels 18x8.5-5x114-$750.00 (For That BMW look) Not a fan of the Miro logo tho because it just looks childish
18" Miro 111 Wheels 18x8 5 35 18x9 5 40 5x114 Matte Black Rims Infiniti Lexus | eBay

8.)Rally Mud Flap Kit-$130.00
Rally Armor 12-13 Hyundai Veloster UR Mud Flap Kit

9.)Recaro Baby Seat-$250.00 (We're having a baby soon)
Recaro Performance RIDE Convertible Car Seat - Knight

10.)Roof Rack-$215.00
Amazon.com: Rola 59726 Roof Rack for Hyundai Veloster: Automotive

11.)Seat Belt Extender-$12.00
2 Gray Car Seat Belt Extender Safety Eliminator Alarm Stopper Buckle Insert Clip | eBay

12.)Strut Brace-$290.00
2012-2015 Hyundai Veloster and Veloster Turbo Chromoly Strut Brace - Advance Automotive

Total-$4393.00 plus shipping/tune/labor
Huge investment but i'm keeping this daily clean and show ready. It wont be the fastest car on the road but it will hang and look good.

All this will be done on the same day with a proper tune in the same shop.
So 2 months or so i will have a huge update to add on here.
Tomorrow i will add pics/videos of the temporary Bov mod, intake and straight pipe.

Thanks for reading and glad to be part of the forum.
6.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 0.jpg

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
If you do decide to get that BOV, I would advise you to get it from TurboSocks instead of ImportShark.
Also get a rear torsion bar from Pierce as well. Possibly the biggest missing from your list.

Edit: Forget the Injen. Get a 3.5" intake. Socks, 6EE, 845 and Tork all have ones. And get motor mount inserts.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would advise you don't waste your money on any HKS knock off BOV. They are all junk no matter where you buy them. Spend another $100 and get what works best for this car; a Synapse DV. Install it correctly and you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
"WELCOME to VT Nation!" MGraphics

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was told that both of the Bov's are good. Hks is good on a lot of things I agree with you. Thank you and Thanks on the the welcomes too. Really appreciate all of these inputs.
A real HKS is good. Even if its old technology. But, a knock off is just a cheap copy. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
965 Posts
A real HKS is good. Even if its old technology. But, a knock off is just a cheap copy. You get what you pay for.
While I have had good luck with my knock off, I went into it knowing that I may get a dud, and I already know its time is short

I was more in it so I could finally have my cold pipe setup and feel like it will be easy to swap a real one on when the time comes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great start MGraphics. Really looking forward to seeing some updated pictures. Hey, I'm curious about your short ram intake. The "tube" has a great look. Did you order that from Injen or is that a some type of DIY using the stock inlet tube? Just curious, thanks!

·
Banned
91 Posts
While I have had good luck with my knock off, I went into it knowing that I may get a dud, and I already know its time is short

I was more in it so I could finally have my cold pipe setup and feel like it will be easy to swap a real one on when the time comes
I just bought a turbosocks fmic kit with hks copy. I've heard good things from the copy. I hope mine works well :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great start MGraphics. Really looking forward to seeing some updated pictures. Hey, I'm curious about your short ram intake. The "tube" has a great look. Did you order that from Injen or is that a some type of DIY using the stock inlet tube? Just curious, thanks!
Got a new setup now. Will add pics soon. the old setup was a temp job i did. removed the stock air box and used a spectre filter. was a nice little temp sound fix but now i got the K&N full intake kit setup.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.