Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 model veloster turbo in the UK, don't want it to blow up so getting the following:

(Also some supertech springs)

Currently have performance wise:

HKS M40XL spark plugs
Fuel line upgrade
Catch cans
K&N short ram intake
Front+rear brace

Then also:

Borla cat back touring exhaust (Just finished up being manufactured now)
845 front mount intercooler

It will be interesting to see what I get out of it :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on where it's happiest, bit of unknown territory so getting a custom tune of course.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,014 Posts
So who doing the engine build and block machining? What turbo? Big motor at 1612 cc. Almost big as my current build going on at 1718 cc. :)

With that CR just know you'll need high octane fuel, good cooling of iat and engine coolant, and more careful tuning. The newer 1.6T with 10:1 CR can go knock crazy easily on pump gas with higher boost levels and OEM cooling system even with FMIC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99 RON is what I use which is pretty close to US 95 IIRC. That's all it ever uses.

Guy I am using is in the british motorsport scene, got recommended through word of mouth, getting everything done properly (so it's not going to be cheap).

Stock turbo for now, i'll go bigger later if I feel I need to.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Let me know if you need anything as far as iat and engine coolant cooling tuning etc

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Keep the turbo at 2.6 pressure ratio on the compressor side and with good supporting mods and tune you'll be good for near 300 whp.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you getting head work done as well such as port/ polish and 3 angle valve job?
Just curious.
You should start a build thread so many of us can follow along. 👍
I've done what I have the means to do myself but I am getting a professional to do the engine work as I don't have the space/expertise/tools to do it properly.

I do intend on getting the head work done yes.

It's mostly going to be a before and after job as it's getting everything done in one go so I can get it properly tuned and sorted. I'll certainly share video/dyno charts when done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Here are a couple of my non performance mods, rewrapped in high quality leather steering wheel and android head unit running torque there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a multi way obd adapter so I can run the camera and scanner at the same time. Yes the beehive springs.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Kinda looks like my condo garage lol

but usually the Kia is up on jacks.

Reactions: Meaker
1 - 20 of 84 Posts