Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,014 Posts
My hold up has been the machine shops and custom parts. Building 1k+ whp capable VT.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
What do you have available? Same as an oem engine unless the specs are different.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
That's the question, my engine builder does more classic cars so their break in oil may be too harsh. I'm thinking maybe just get some mineral based oil.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
425 Posts
That's the question, my engine builder does more classic cars so their break in oil may be too harsh. I'm thinking maybe just get some mineral based oil.
Well I can tell you that a good mineral based oil with zinc or zddp will be needed to get the car broke in.
Once it's broke in then a good synthetic if your choosing will continue the lubrication process of the pretty engine you have. 😍😉

Again, where is that @trdtoy when you need him? 😂 🥱😴

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
We will be following Josh's advice with 20 mins at mid range RPMs for first run on mineral oil, then replace with more mineral oil and vary between low and 4000RPM for the next 1000 miles. Then go to the full synthetic.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
After you go to a good full synthetic I'd also vary rpm and boost/load on the engine for a tank or two of fuel then change oil again then you can send it.

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
all this and you didn’t even wipe down the bay? Shame lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Exhaust in, coolant in. Next step is the intercooler and first startup :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Very nice!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts