Veloster Turbo Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
So had an interesting time with getting it tuned. Low end power is limited by the clutch and the slight slip at the end was the rear main seal slipping and letting oil in :/ got it sorted and I think it was the cans being too restrictive for whatever reason as the pressure obviously got high as it was not just oil on the catch cans.

Much happier with those removed and an inspection of the cylinders was clear and no odd behaviour over all rpm.

I'm wondering now if my turbo is just on the weak side. Either way next on my list is
a flywheel/clutch upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,014 Posts
That power curve looks typical and nothing slipped based on that power curve. Catch cans are meant to catch more than oil so that's likely normal. What all mods are on the car including turbo and specs of the build? Datalog of this dyno pull? Is there a baseline dyno to compare to? Without dynojet numbers or a baseline on the same dyno with the same settings, and datalogs to compare, I will be of little help to sort any issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
On the specs of the car see the first couple of posts on the internals, you can see the spec of the engine and the pistons. Stock turbo.

I did not get a data log with the run, I could request it if they saved it.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,014 Posts
Ah missed that somehow when looking back.

Anyway, nothing slipping on the car in the dyno pull.

A datalog would be nice. A boost curve as well and afr or lambda values during a pull. I can then tell you what may be safe/unsafe and how much more the stock turbo can be pushed.

The unfortunate thing about the dyno used is you can oy compare it to others on that same dyno with the same settings which would be 0 most likely unlike the cars that have been on a dynojet.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts