Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow Veloster members.
I came to talk about how horrible Hyundai was when I was about to buy the Veloster n performance package
I work for union pacific railroad and we get discounts on car buying from all manufacturers. and I have kept my eye on the Veloster n. first of all 29,000 is a good price but they tacked on a 5000 luxury tax then a scotch guard for 1200 and some security crap another 2000 and then 1000 for some door edge protector guard. final total was 49,000 don't get me wrong I love the car but not going to pay 49k for a 3 door car. I showed him my Hyundai circle discount and the sales manager and gm refused to get me the car at a discounted price and called Hyundai hq. they where upset on my experience now Hyundai gave me free oil changes and some repairs to my current 2013 Veloster turbo. Hyundai hq they told me that the dealership will not get any more Veloster n based on that experience I had and they where supposed to honor my Hyundai discount.

so I'm asking is 49k plus taxes and docs to expensive for that car. View attachment velo n.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
hello fellow Veloster members.
I came to talk about how horrible Hyundai was when I was about to buy the Veloster n performance package
I work for union pacific railroad and we get discounts on car buying from all manufacturers. and I have kept my eye on the Veloster n. first of all 29,000 is a good price but they tacked on a 5000 luxury tax then a scotch guard for 1200 and some security crap another 2000 and then 1000 for some door edge protector guard. final total was 49,000 don't get me wrong I love the car but not going to pay 49k for a 3 door car. I showed him my Hyundai circle discount and the sales manager and gm refused to get me the car at a discounted price and called Hyundai hq. they where upset on my experience now Hyundai gave me free oil changes and some repairs to my current 2013 Veloster turbo. Hyundai hq they told me that the dealership will not get any more Veloster n based on that experience I had and they where supposed to honor my Hyundai discount.

so I'm asking is 49k plus taxes and docs to expensive for that car. View attachment 100380
“Blink blink.”

Heyell yes. $38.2K just from what you showed, plus another $10.8K for what exactly? You did the right thing for reporting this dealer for severe price gouging.

·
Registered
170 Posts
These dealer markups are gonna kill the N. I've seen three here my local dealers, two are marked up $5k. I refuse to buy one with a mark up or $1k window tint and $800 VIN etching, ect. F-ing dealerships.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just wait 3-6 months until they are sitting at the stealerships. I fully expect $1500-2500 discounts in about 6 months. Or find one at near retail elsewhere. For almost 50k, I'd be looking at an RS3 (Audi) at that price point, they are out of their freaking minds! 3.9 0-60 with AWD (RS3), better interior etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: jamesc

·
Registered
377 Posts
You’d be hard pressed to find an RS3 for 50k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts