Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine has the original NA V and linked me to something pretty nifty.. I've posted this on 2 other peoples threads and it got burried so im giving it one last shot..

The Original Velosters had what are essentially factory feature unlock codes for the Stereo/Nav console.. Anyone care to take a stab at any of these to see if they work on the Turbo?
Mostly want to know about this code.

CODE: 90019001
Unlocks video play while driving (Without unlock you can only play video while in park)
(To enter code, Hold down the settings button on the AV Stack for 5 seconds, it will take you to a diagnostic code screen.)

More info here
Test Code / Head Unit Development Thread

ELA Unlocker software (Gonna cost you 5$)
http://www.veloster.org/forum/35-hy...deo-music-photos-etc-v1-5-5-08-19-2012-a.html

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
does not work on any 2013 model :(

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**Queue the Darth Vader NOOOOOOO picture**

Did they use an entirely new head for the 2013?
Anyone have any info to add to this like model numbers, version numbers, etc...?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
i have no clue other than I tried it and then asked why when it didn't work.. few people on ***** said it wont work on any 2013s..

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have no clue other than I tried it and then asked why when it didn't work.. few people on ***** said it wont work on any 2013s..
Well according to my source, this option is disable for ALL Veloster cars (both NA and VT), not just 2013 cars. For the older cars, when they go for the check-up, they will also upgrade the software which will eliminate this "backdoor". Apparently someone from Hyundai heard about and taken steps to eliminate the it...

I do recall that someone on Veloster forum that someone is working to finding another backdoor ...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
sorry i didn't post in this thread also :p

I do have it functioning and have watched some video on it already.. just kinda hard to click buttons with my sausage fingers on the little screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts