1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I'm brand new to having a VT.
I'm pumped though!
I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for dealers that are mod friendly in NE Ohio/Cleveland area.

Also hows the general community up here?
I know Turbosocks isn't terribly far away in MI, and I see some activity from the Cincinnati guys, but nothing up here in NE Ohio.
Is there any meetups or anything up here?

·
Registered
342 Posts
We're in the dead zone :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
I live in the Dayton area, have'nt had much experience with the dealer i bought my car from so i cant help you there. I see people with velosters around here but not really any modded ones or anyone that appears to want to talk lol.

·
Registered
741 Posts
We just had a giant VT/Gen coupe meet in Dayton and had 22 cars show up! Other than that had a few smaller meets in Cincinnati run by the gen coupe peeps, aways a few VTs show. 2 years ago was the last big NEOhio meet/BBQ at the Bedford metroparks. I'll be in Cleveland in August and September but only on the weekdays. Would be cool to meetup for dinner/drive/chat some day.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We just had a giant VT/Gen coupe meet in Dayton and had 22 cars show up! Other than that had a few smaller meets in Cincinnati run by the gen coupe peeps, aways a few VTs show. 2 years ago was the last big NEOhio meet/BBQ at the Bedford metroparks. I'll be in Cleveland in August and September but only on the weekdays. Would be cool to meetup for dinner/drive/chat some day.
I'd love to Greyhound.
Is there any sort of car club up here in NE Ohio though?
I haven't really looked, but there's got to be something right?
Right?

·
Registered
741 Posts
There is a ne Ohio Genesis Coupe group in the area. I know there's at least 10+ VT's in the area as well. I say we pick a date, location and time, get interests going here so we have an idea how many will make it.

Location I was thinking Quaker steak & lube in valley view. It's a good central location and it's car theme with plenty of parking. Just avoid Wednesday nights as it's bike night.

Next date, was thinking something along the lines of the first two weeks of September, tentatively say September 6th. It's a weekday but they have all you can eat wings on Tuesday's.
Time around 6pm so most peeps would be done with work.

Well ne Ohio peeps any other input?

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just come to Cincinnati and live there :D Simple fix

·
Registered
40 Posts
As of 2/17/17; am now a Veloster R-spec owner. Cleveland area. I go to all the cruiseins all summer in my Rambler, from Solon to Grace Church and at least two of the Quaker Steak locations.

Anxious to meet and speak with other R-spec owners and Turbo owners. I'm so stoked by the light-weight R-spec that I plan to refer to Turbos as "fat chicks'.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations Sed! Welcome to the Veloster life,
and ya "fat chicks" need some love too lol.
If they are doing another annual meet at dayton this year you should come,
also shout out from Cincinnati

1 - 19 of 19 Posts