Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a VT 2013 automatic with 128k miles on it for $4k and now only a couple hundred miles give or take away from 130k suddenly from a red light I press a lil gas to go and I hear a weird rattle noise or something. I immediately pull into a parking lot and check things out to find this... cv axle leak? Plz help this looks pretty bad to me. No check engine light or any other dash lights on. Car feels a bit slower now.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Looks like oil. I had a leak from my cv axle and the contents were thick and black like tar almost.

Reactions: thesteadcollective

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like oil. I had a leak from my cv axle and the contents were thick and black.
yeah I thought the same but from where becauseit almost looks like that’s where it came from and since the axle was spinning it launched whatever fluid all over around the close area to it. Every other part of the car is literally dry I’m extra confused

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Does it smell like oil?

·
Super Moderator
3,382 Posts
going to need a taste test!

Reactions: TooGqForYou

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,260 Posts
going to need a taste test!
Swallow test to see what weight oil it is! Hahaha!

Funny story had a shop I dyno at one time that the dyno operator siphoned gas from the tank and tasted it and smelled it to know which race gas was in a car. His eyes were also like a chameleon and he was not hitting on all cylinders himself but he did know his fuel! Lol!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Bet he looked a little something like this lollll

·
Super Moderator
3,382 Posts
Haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts