Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Veloster Turbo 2013, it came with aftermarket rims/tires - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (225/40R18) summer tires. I'm not very car savvy, and need help with determining how much air pressure I should use. I'm wondering how much PSI I should aim for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Set at 30 psi. This will have good comfort, grip, and no tpms light as long as the tpms sensors are in the wheels and operating.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fyi, I think those are all-seasons not summer tires. Pilot® Sport A/S 3+
Not sure if that makes any difference to you or not.

I typically aim for around 32 psi unless I have a specific event I plan on participating in (read, never anymore. lol)
If I am going on a road trip with a lot of miles cruising on the highway I will air up to 36-38 psi.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
357 Posts
Ok, not to take from the original thread but this is still on the same subject matter so here goes. I'm always one to learn and maybe learn something new.

@trdtoy had suggested to use 30 psi for the tires and am wondering why and how you figured that particular air pressure.

I'm runningYokohama S1 summer tire with 205/50R15 size and use 34 psi up front and 36psi for the rears.
Handling is great with minimal edge wear on the factory alignment so would you have any suggestions here?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
I have stiffer tires but i primarily run 36F 38R all day long and for AX.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Ok, not to take from the original thread but this is still on the same subject matter so here goes. I'm always one to learn and maybe learn something new.

@trdtoy had suggested to use 30 psi for the tires and am wondering why and how you figured that particular air pressure.

I'm runningYokohama S1 summer tire with 205/50R15 size and use 34 psi up front and 36psi for the rears.
Handling is great with minimal edge wear on the factory alignment so would you have any suggestions here?

Thanks.
If I were to give a specific pressure recommendation it would be different each corner and the tpms light will come on if those are in the wheels and working. I just suggested 30 psi as that is high enough that it should not go low enough in the cold to trigger the tpms light but stiff enough to run good all around conditions.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The OP is in Canada.
I'm in the Midwest. Anything below 32 psi in the winter and I get lights on cold mornings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts