Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on here about others modifications & wanted to do a few myself.
2013 V Turbo, MT
I was wondering about the cross members / Chassis braces /Torsion bars / Sway bars etc. and lowering kits & coil overs.

Any one out there prefer one brand over the other?

I don't want to ride around looking like I'm driving a low rider, that bounces all over the road.

It is completely stock & I was just wondering on how hard it is to install some of these items, at home, with pretty much no help at all.
I would like to get it to corner a little better, because I enjoy going around corners fast, when I can.
I'm not into voiding the warranty, so the lowering is kind of on hold...

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the basic tools to do most of the stuff myself.
Like impact wrench, sockets, just about anything I might need.
If I don't have it, I have access to it.

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts
personally, short of the rear torsion bar and front strut bar i feel the rest of them are chassis braces are unneeded. pierce and uniq/turbosocks are your go-to.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
As far as lowering - Hyundai MOBIS suspension sold by SoCal Garage works + Eibach springs. Good drop with near stock ride comfort. No need to go cutting up struts and replacing inserts like you do with Koni yellows.

·
Registered
735 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
The rear torsion bar from Pierce, rigid collars, front strut brace from Pierce are you first 3 you want to get. Really gets the car to feel more solid. I will highly, highly, highly recommend the Pierce products as far as bracing, his materials are much better and track tested. I pull over a full 1.0g on the track with stock springs and shocks.

Where in Texas are you?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tyres...
With that being said, what are good tires to use?
It is my daily driver, since my truck gets 13 mpg.
I need some new ones soon & have not a clue on tires to put on it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tyres...
With that being said, what are good tires to use?
It is my daily driver, since my truck gets 13 mpg.
I need some new ones soon & have not a clue on tires to put on it.
How much do you want to spend?

I run Continental Extreme Contact DW and love them, great tires in the rain which you probably see a lot of during the months outside of June-August. Some go for the DWS which is also a great tire. Part of your tire choice depends on how much street performance you want compared to noise, longevity, etc.

Also, when you get new tires get 225/40/18. Don't stick with the 215's, they cost more, the 225 has a TON more options, and the new 2016 VTs will finally come with the 225's as well.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testSearch.jsp
http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-wheels-tires/11567-summer-tire-recommendations.html

·
Registered
511 Posts
Tires made the biggest difference to me in the way the car drove. You will realize very quickly if you haven't already just how bad the stock tires are once you get some decent rubber on there. I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetrics myself and while the handling and feel is out of this world the tires have some issues that prevent a recommendation from me. I've heard the DWS are great, as are the Hankook Ventus S1 Nobles.

Absolutely get the front strut brace as it allows you to really toss the car hard into corners without the chassis resisting as much. Rigid collars are amazing too, helps align the front end and makes the ride much more solid and planted. The rear torsion bar as much as people praise it here is a trade off more so than the others. If ultimate handling is your goal the bar does in fact make a huge difference, but at least in my opinion it degrades the ride quality a bit. The rear suspension is designed with a certain amount of flex in it to somewhat simulate an independent suspension, and while it may feel sloppy and lose over bumps, I still found the car to ride better. By putting in the torsion bar you remove some of that flex, which does allow for better handling, but it takes away some comfort. It's all a matter of what you're looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts