Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I sent my original ECU to be tuned and kept the Korean one as a back up due to some differences in the Korean ECU v the Australian ECU. I know it's too late now, but I think you should have sent the EU ECU to be tuned. Anywho.

I am assuming that your BOV has been set-up correctly with the correct spring / preload, there is no fault with the BOV and you have tried resolving this issue with Tork. You have a number of choices:
Revert to stock ECU;
Send EU ECU to be retuned, hoping that it will correct the fault;
Send Korean ECU to have it retuned, hoping that will correct the fault;
Some people will flame me for saying this. Bypass the solenoid. I am on a 1.5 tune and have had this hack in from straight after my first service (1000km). If you are worried about boost spikes, keep an eye on your boost gauge and start data logging. If you are noticing regular boost spikes revert to solenoid control

Sorry I could not have been more helpful. It really sucks not having a local tuning solution :(

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Do you get BOV release while the throttle is in or on release? I say that because the solenoid is very sensitive and when you have a aftermarket BOV you can really hear the releases on even really light throttle release.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
I had friends that lived in England and I would call them at 11PM our time and it was like 5AM there...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Do you have a video of the sound? My BoV made plenty of noise after I got tuned. Your tune might be running more boost than the EU BoV was meant to handle. Do you know how much boost you were making pre-tune? Torks stage 1 usually makes 21-23psi.

Reactions: markellos

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
So you were drawing vacuum from the solenoid? If that was the case, then this has caused issues with other BOVs. But glad you sorted it out.

Reactions: markellos
1 - 8 of 8 Posts