Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw the thread written last year about the 7600 off the 2016s because the 2018s were arriving, but what about a new 2016, now that the 2019s are in stock?

The Nada just defaults to the dealers prices. Carguru tells me the ~original sticker price is a good deal.

I suppose it's a base automatic turbo model, without the panaramic roof.

If it were used, what, ~15,500? Plus some for the low miles?

What would y'all be looking to take it home for, out the door? I have plates and a trade in (2010 Corolla).

Thank you.*

·
Registered
172 Posts
At this point i’d get a 2019 VT or wait for a VN than get a used 2016.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is a new 2016, though.

I am in the market for a used car in the 16-17 range and happened on a hold over.

No offense, but for me, the 19 is not worth the 29,999.

Picked up a new 16 rogue last year, before the 18s hit, and got a good incentive, free panaramic roof, ttt and then some. This one is a few model years older and figured someone else may have picked up another hold over.

Doesn't hurt to ask. I'll make an offer on my way back to work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We finally connected after an hour after my last post. So.....

I initially called 3-4 weeks ago and asked for the new car sales manager. He wasn't available and I talked to the young lady who had answered. I expressed my points on the car and that it was an outlier deal and that was why I wanted to talk to the bigger guy. She called me back and we went from yhere.

MSRP 24, 925 Sale price 22,999. She said they would accept 21, 730 lol

After a week of trying to get me to go to the dealershio, I declined.

She followed up this week. Always good btw. Still pleasant. Found out the 21, 730 was otd. lol She has been going to the Internet sales manager.

So, I went for it.......17,000 otd, conditional that we reach an agreement on the trade in value. I had to explain what otd door meant. It does not mean 17 and the trade in, rather 17 with a trade in.

After not hearing back, i called after I got off work and asked for the ncsm. She answered the phone. Eek. Will either talk to him today or tomorrow morning. However, I am unsure if it is the Internet Sales manager, or the guy I want to talk with.

As an aside, my points are.....you have the msrp, the ask, the 2017s have a 4,000 allowance AND that this is a 2016. Factoring for ttt, my offer was more than the 7600 of the other thread, but not quite the 9000 that was also in that thread.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got my '16 in Feb '17. MSRP $24865, dealer special price $17551, total savings $7314. + tax/title/license. I got down to $16000 with a 2004 elantra trade-in +ttl. I had to use their financing instead of HMF but immediately refinanced to 60/1.49% or something like that. Oh, this is in san francisco, where prices are generally higher. so I think I got a pretty good deal out of it.
depends how desperate the dealer is to get rid of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts