Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching the internet for tips or things to do to extend the life and quality or the VT inside and out. So please feel free to post any ideas or products you can recommend to use especially for a new car. IE brand specific wax/ interior/exterior cleaners or leather cleaners ect. I want to know if I should be putting something on my leather seats or on my paint right from the beginning to help these things look good and healthy for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
You want to clay the car immediately if not whenever you can because whoever detailed your car at the dealership isn't going to get it as cleaned as you normally would have done. The other thing I'd like to point out is to use some kind of upholstery cleaner that prevents sun damage. I use the first url to clean and remove the dirt and the second to add the UV Block protection to the upholstery and dashboard

Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner

Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have to ask about your comment "clay the car", what does it mean? As for exterior protection, i use Zymol. It is a bit pricey, but worth it is it. I will look into the Adam's product for the interior, thanks for that info.

Here is the link for the kit i have. Been using their products for 20 years.
ZYMOL Smart KIT - CARBON/VINYL

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to ask about your comment "clay the car", what does it mean? As for exterior protection, i use Zymol. It is a bit pricey, but worth it is it. I will look into the Adam's product for the interior, thanks for that info.

Here is the link for the kit i have. Been using their products for 20 years.
ZYMOL Smart KIT - CARBON/VINYL
To answer the question, "claying" is quite literally rubbing a clay bar on your car which "collects" debris so that it doesn't ruin the paint. Here's a link to an item by Mother's and a video as well. YouTube or search online for further reference.

Buy Mothers California Gold Clay Bar System 07240 at Advance Auto Parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts