Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new exhaust coming out. Made in Aluminzed , 409 Stainless Steel, and 304 Stainless Steel.

it will be mandrel bent 3inch. This will be a brand name exhaust, not a knock off or private label.

We are working with a manufacturer to produce this exhaust. Also The price for 409 and 304 will be around 599.99.

Another Vendor said 800 or something like that. No Way. We have been working on this exhaust since SEMA / PRI.

Just asking. How many on here have Yet to buy an exhaust ?

Why have you not bought an exhaust? Sound? Price? Fitment? Unknown Brand Name? Quality?

Please don't post on here, if you have an exhaust already, unless your looking for a new one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i am in the same boat as wolf mostly cost. but it is on the to do list before a tune for me.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Price. Then sound/loudness, droning, ricer fart can. Quality is also important. Mostly price, exhaust costs more than a tune with less gains.
All of this. I'm actually going with a custom straight pipe. I can't justify spending close to $800 on an exhaust that 1) won't really yield that much more power 2) doesn't sound as deep, throaty, and loud as a straight through pipe, and 3) well, pretty much back to point number 1. I've heard a Magnaflow in person. I want loud and deep.

But I'm still curious about this one ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I havent bought an exhaust yet because no one has offered anything worth what they are charging for. Nothing against the companies providing them, its just that the VT has Mandrel bent piping stock. So 2.5" piping with a Muffler delete is all you need to get good gains with out a Turbo upgrade.

In other words unless you are going to upgrade your turbo you can get near the same performance from replacing the stock muffler with say a Magnaflow 4"x18 round straight through muffler. $200 bucks out the door for the same performance for a $600-$1200 kit.. some will argue there set up is better, but from dyno sheets ive seen they are all about the same and this includes the above setup.

Now if your looking for looks, anyone that can produce a polished stainless system for $600 is a great deal.. But im not sure if can be done that cheap..

As far as sound.. No matter what exhaust you put on the car they are all going to sound more or less the same as far as tone goes.. Its just a matter of how LOUD the tone is.

For me until i see a perfect system or a reason to upgrade to 3" i will stay with the set up i have.. If i ever build the motor completely i will buy a 3" system and if your system is the best bang for the buck i will buy it!

Just being honest

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im still in the market for an exhaust, things important to me are 1. Price 2. Sound 3 horsepower
Sound needs to sound deep and not ricer, (main reason I'm leaning towards solo) as far as horse power im know there not much of a difference, but I plan on purchasing the downpipe and replacing it when I do the exhaust

·
Registered
582 Posts
Iv recently started looking for an exhaust to buy, good timing. I haven't bought one mainly because I don't think I should have to pay $800 for a noise and a few hp when I could get a tune or a few other mods. $600 would be a great price, iv had thoughts of buying the Hyundai Axle back from Canada for the same price. I also don't want to spend all that money to find out I ended up with a ricey sounding exhaust. I like something with a deep tone all the way to redline, a bit of gurgle, and that isn't obnoxiously loud. Some want it loud but I park uphill between 2 houses that echo a LOT and I come home from work at 2 in the morning.

Maybe have 2 resonator options like solo but only send on request to save money. It would be great knowing the exhaust can pass emissions and inspection too since PA is pretty strict. And im not someone whos going to take it off every time. Also if possible try fitment with the Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar. I have stock wheels and stock springs but the stock muffler bumps the bar quite often. Im not sure if any aftermarket exhausts have that problem but just a heads up.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
For me its i havent had the money for one yet. I plan on getting one with tax refund

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's got to have the sound - allot of exhausts just sound like they are blowing air - but it's got to have Burble and tone. Cause it's the sound that inspires you to drive. The Solo design (w/extra resonator) is excellent and the price point they offer is gonna be tough to beat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Price, sound (no droning), quality (mandrel bends, stainless), Performance (Will you post dyno gains on a stock VT?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts