• I don't want it in April

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No date locked in at time. We are needing more members to sign up! I need your help with recruiting!

CLICK HERE FOR PAYMENT INFORMATION

DEPOSITS ARE DUE APRIL 10th.
3 CONFIRMED MEMBERS STILL NEEDED

Please be sure and either post or message me with what day you would prefer, I am currently preparing a rough schedule so we can get an idea

Hello everyone. As you may or may not know, the original organizer for the event has had to back out for various reasons. That said, I have decided that I still want everyone, including myself, to have the opportunity to get the awesome crew at Tork motorsports down here to tune our rides! Once again, we need 10 to make this happen. I will let Tork know I will take over as the organizer. Our Dyno provider will be Fast Automotive (tentative).

Please post if you either want a bench flash or dyno tune

Estimated prices, if we get 10 people

Bench Tune: $500
Dyno Tune: $500
Dyno Fee: $125

Available options with tune:

1. $50; Top Speed, yes we have identified top speed so expect to see top speed options on the tune "sheet" when you order a tune.
2. $50; Throttle control, we are going to have standard (current offering), mild and aggressive. The standard is what we would call the "sweet spot" but for those that want more throttle input, it will be an option.
3. $50; Surge valve control, we have identified throttle and load tables that control the surge valve/diverter valve/blow off valve. That annoying "phft, pfht phft" going off all the time, not an issue.
4. $50; Idle control, testing this right now. We should have all the idle tables working before the end of the month/start of next month. Options will be 800, 900 or 1000 target idle limits.
5. $150; Launch control... I have personally been working hard to write a control file as to enable launch control. This will be your snorting, barking, flame belching option for those that don't have a catted downpipe.

2. Voodoo Idol (Confirmed)
-Stage 1
-Dyno Tune
-Surge valve control
-Idle Control @ 850rpm
-Saturday

3. vcvt (Tentative)

4. tubascience (Confirmed Paid)
-Stage 1
-Dyno Tune
-Saturday

5. bmann1984 (Unconfirmed)

6. psyhamster (Confirmed, pending deposit)
-Stage 1/1.5
-Dyno Tune
-Surge Valve Control
-Idle Control @ 850
-No day specified

7. GmanTX (Comfirmed, pending info)
-Retune/Update
-Dyno Tune
-Saturday

9. gp1300r (Confirmed Paid)
-Stage ?
-Saturday

10. ItsTurboTime (Confirmed)
-Stage 1
-Dyno Tune
-Surge Valve Control
-Idle Control
-Sunday

Total Confirmed members: 6 (4 More confirmed members needed)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2014 r-spec and just recently installed a K&N intake and Borla cat back. I'm interested in a tune cuz I know I'm running rich. Just not sure if I would go stage 0 or 1 yet.

p.s. I'll have to travel from amarillo, So counting costs.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Just so everyone understands as I have covered it in other threads. A stage 0 tune at an event will either be a regular priced bench flash or a $500 dyno tune. With us there in person everyone should take advantage of that and get atleast a stage 1 if you are planning going on the dyno

·
Registered
373 Posts
If I still have the car I'll be there for an update. Stage 0 now...will need 1 or 1.5

·
Registered
373 Posts
One trip to the ST forum and your getting rid of the VT.

ROFLMAO.
No...I realize the VT may not be around much longer so I want to get out of it before I'm stuck with it.

Reactions: vt_guest123

·
Registered
373 Posts
And no...I have no interest in an ST

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As long as it's not happening on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, I'm good.
Ha! ITLL ONLY BE ONE OF THOSE DAYS! im kidding, I am looking at a Saturday and Sunday if there are enough people by then, so you can just get in on it Saturday. Or we can do a friday night then saturday, depends on how everyone's schedule looks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just so everyone understands as I have covered it in other threads. A stage 0 tune at an event will either be a regular priced bench flash or a $500 dyno tune. With us there in person everyone should take advantage of that and get atleast a stage 1 if you are planning going on the dyno
So just to clarify for myself (as I am not sure if I will do this yet or not) if I showed up at this even I could get a bench flash stage 0 and only pay for the bench flash, I honestly would have no reason to dyno the car as I really don't intend to change anything besides maybe an intercooler down the road. My goal tune wise is to just have the timing and fuel cleaned up for better response and gas mileage.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So just to clarify for myself (as I am not sure if I will do this yet or not) if I showed up at this even I could get a bench flash stage 0 and only pay for the bench flash, I honestly would have no reason to dyno the car as I really don't intend to change anything besides maybe an intercooler down the road. My goal tune wise is to just have the timing and fuel cleaned up for better response and gas mileage.
I believe that the bench flash fee is the same no matter what tune, if we get the members. So that would mean that you could get a stage 1 for the same money, according to Tork. (Roughly $400, prices are not set in stone just yet AFAIK)

I will go ahead and put you on the list as interested for the time being

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Put me down. 1.5 dyno tune I suppose.
Your in! First page list updated

Come on everyone! We are 4 more members away from getting this confirmed, then I can lock in the date with a shop and we can get the ball rolling!

I am probably going to see whats available in March, or possibly April, to give everyone time to pay since we are coming up on the original deposit due date.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts