Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Soon-to-be VT driver here... Test driving the Black tonight to see if I can fall in love with my 2nd choice.
Otherwise, I'll be asking the dealer to order me my Marathon Blue 6MT Veloster Turbo tonight.

And so begins the painful 4-6 week wait that I'm not looking forward to.

Any advice on how not to lose my mind during this time?

·
Registered
730 Posts
LOL!!!! I would love to be in your position again, though I have my VT already. My first choice was black, but I bought Elite White. Don't ever pay over MSRP. Be ready to walk out if they do. Test drive the car not thinking of the color since the inside of the car is the same for all. Get a feel for the ride, handling, comfort of the seats, reaching for the control buttons especially the windows and door lock, test the stereo (which I think it is great!). Then decide on the color.

I think you will love the car, and fall in love with the color later. In my case, I could not wait for the black to come in, since I only had a week to turn in my previous lease, and did not want to stay without a car for 3 or 4 weeks. So I found the Elite White, made a great deal on the spot and drove out of the dealer 4 hours later. Have fun!!!! Let us know how it goes.

Edit: Oh I see you are up in Canada, no need to worry about paying over MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Wow, that's insane... 6 months and you've yet to receive it? I hope it arrives pretty soon for you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's your second choice car?

4-6 weeks is nothing. I've been waiting nearly 6 months.
6 Months? I couldn't do it...

I should clarify: when I said 1st and 2nd choices, I meant colors :)
I'm already in love with the car itself.

Basically, the dealers in my city do not have Marathon Blue. They tell me it could take 4-6 weeks for them to get me one.
However, in a stroke of luck, the dealer got a Black VT in last night, and will be available to take home tonight, if I want it.

So now I'm stuck with the choice of do I want to take the black right now... or hold out for the color I really wanted?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
nope, you can't actually special order any hyundai.. you just have to hope a dealer is willing to do a dealer trade or gets a request for a certain car at port to be allocated to them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope, you can't actually special order any hyundai.. you just have to hope a dealer is willing to do a dealer trade or gets a request for a certain car at port to be allocated to them.
I'm guessing that the dealer knows he can get one from a dealer trade, and is making it seem like he's "special ordering" one for me.
He knew that black was my 2nd choice, and yesterday he magically had one appear, that would be ready tonight.

I'm really hoping that I don't have to wait super long for the blue though, as I have my heart set on it!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great news! The dealer just called, and they found a brand new Marathon Blue, in the next province over!
I should be a VT owner early next week :D:D:D:D

·
2,385 Posts
That's EXACTLY how it works. That system needs a re-vamping if you ask me...

Congrats Intervalia! Pics when you get it. :smile:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Grats, I went down to drive an automatic today, loved many things about it, I was still missing the manual feel i am used to. I could not compromise and told the dealer get me a car and consider it purchased. Blue looks way better in person, originally I didnt want it and now the only colors I dont want are black, vit-c, and red.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Sky

This was the moment she became mine :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered a light grey pearl MT on June 15th and didn't get my VIN untill August 17 th. my ETA is Sept 9th.I kept my sanity during that time watching every video / review that was on U tube. Two more weeks. im waiting on tinting details from the dealer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts