Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a guy come out today and take a look about dyeing my blue trim hot pink. The stitching in the seats in blue and he said that would be nearly impossible for him to do. He referred me to an upholstery place and suggested just getting new panels stitched in and then he could just dye the plastic panels to match the new seats. I will have to wait to go there until Thursday after work. Sounds like it might cost a pretty penny though....any thoughts??

·
Registered
373 Posts
Had a guy come out today and take a look about dyeing my blue trim hot pink. The stitching in the seats in blue and he said that would be nearly impossible for him to do. He referred me to an upholstery place and suggested just getting new panels stitched in and then he could just dye the plastic panels to match the new seats. I will have to wait to go there until Thursday after work. Sounds like it might cost a pretty penny though....any thoughts??
...IMO... The blue is absolutely horrendous. Like a child's car seat or something. Are you planning on getting the whole seat re-upholstered? Could be pretty cool, you could get your name in the seats or something if that were the case!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well originally I was just gonna get the blue dyed hot pink bc im planning on getting hot pink rims. But the stitching isn't possible to dye, so the guy suggested getting a quote on new upholstery that way the stitching could be pink too. It just depends on price I guess. Do u think it would be possible to just replace the stitching rather than buying all new seats?

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Yeah its possible to replace the stitching, I wouldn't see why not but its going to cost a lot... you can imagine it would have to be picked by hand and there's a ton of stitching around the fabric. A lot of labor... however, I'd love to see your car with the pink setup, kudos either way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay..yeah, now that u mention it, that would be alot of work. I guess I will just have to ask about both options. Thanks for the input. I will let u all know after I go see them Thursday morning :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Okay..yeah, now that u mention it, that would be alot of work. I guess I will just have to ask about both options. Thanks for the input. I will let u all know after I go see them Thursday morning :)
If you do get the seats re-stitched you should do the pink stitching in the seat belts as well! and get the turbo dyed to match.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well yeah, id be getting all the blue changed to pink. The turbo is in stitching as well. The guy that came out said he could dye the lettering, but he would feel more comfortable with me asking about reupholstering bc he wants to make sure it will look the best it can if im going to spend the money

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well yeah, id be getting all the blue changed to pink. The turbo is in stitching as well. The guy that came out said he could dye the lettering, but he would feel more comfortable with me asking about reupholstering bc he wants to make sure it will look the best it can if im going to spend the money
Are the edges of the seatbelts already in a color stitching?
Like this but pink would be sweet http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/3838804482_1534dbd40d.jpg

Mine is black with the grey accents

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy mother of pink! Lol. I like that but I think im just gonna do the trim, I like the black and pink contrast. And I do like the seatbelt trim idea too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts