Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum...but have been lurking for about a month. The new family "truckster" is an Ironman VT, A/T Ultimate with all the bells & whistles. No mods.

Just took my first 1000 mile road trip for work in it, and it was a pleasure! Got lots of stares on the road & parked at work, parking lots, you name it. Lots of questions on even what kind of car it was!

Anyway my name is Karen I am employed in the drag racing industry, and I took pics of the car at work this past weekend. (will be posting one in the contest!)
Glad to be here!

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I am actually SW of the city..and I try and avoid ATL as much as possible. I hate traffic!
Nice so that means there's a total of 6 of us in GA atm. I believe I was the first sold in GA like 4 months ago or 5 months ago. It's been a while I can't remember but who cares! Let's get some kind of meet going ya'll. I'm actually in the North of Georgia. But I'm not too far from the ATL. Just an hour long drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would be in for a meet sometime. What part of North Georgia are you from? I have a home up in the Ga Mountains

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice so that means there's a total of 6 of us in GA atm. I believe I was the first sold in GA like 4 months ago or 5 months ago. It's been a while I can't remember but who cares! Let's get some kind of meet going ya'll. I'm actually in the North of Georgia. But I'm not too far from the ATL. Just an hour long drive.
I def down with this. Im up in Anderson, SC, but I always like a drive.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, I think north ATL would be a good meet spot.

Or if we find more Florida boys, we can meet in the middle of the state.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
I'm near Canton basically, and yeah we'll have to do something. The more the better, I know in the GenCoupe community they did meets around Roswell in GA and drives down to ATL and some even went up to Helen. I'd be up for anything though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I moved to Indy from Blairsville, GA about a year and a half ago. Can't wait to make a trip back home to visit friends& family so I can let the VT stretch her legs on the curvaceous Hwy 129 between Blairsville and Cleveland!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Greetings,

I will post later in the new member intro forum, but I couldn't pass on the chance to introduce myself to my fellow Georgians. My name is Dave. I live in Athens, but work in Norcross, so you could say that I "live" in metro Atlanta. Bought my Ultra Black ultimate VT 2.5 weeks ago, and just turned 2200 miles. What a fun car to be driving in the nasty 316 traffic through Gwinnett county! Despite having had a few issues with the dealer, I am loving my ride! I upgraded to "Simone" from "Sipsy," which was a 2010 Honda Insight hybrid. I gotta tell ya... I am really enjoying the extra 120 horsepower. As other members have shared, I also am enjoying the interest and conversations that ensue when folks see my new baby. Most are shocked it's a Hyundai. Sipsy generated interest too...don't get me wrong...but the most usual question was, "what's that?!" :)

Not too many mods yet. I've blacked the windows out, did my own first oil change last night, and stuck a cone filter onto the end of the factory intake to get a feel for the difference. I'm sold enough to where I am certain that I'll be ordering either the CAI or SRI from our generous facilitator here. I also disconnected the clutch pedal position sensor to test the effect on the hesitation we experience when accelerating in 2 and 3. I did note a nig difference, but I miss my cruise control too much to leave it detached. Did the nav hack to enable tester mode and video playback while in motion. That's about it so far. What a car for the money! It's amazing to me how similar having a mid-life crisis feels to being a teenager!

Would love to catch up with you guys and gals and see your rides sometime. Wishing all a good evening.

Best,
Dave

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Make that 7 in ATL. I take delivery of my blue Turbo with M/T tomorrow. I had to have it shipped from Louisiana. The local dealers never had a Turbo with M/T that wasn't presold.

I'm in Midtown ATL. ATL traffic is only for those that live out of town.

I'm down with a meetup - even if it is on the outskirts.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Awesome!!!

I think it'd be better to meet in the outskirt of ATL if we want to go for a group ride or something like that.

Maybe find a big parking lot and we can do some hooligan stuff. Set up a small track?? Haha.

I'm down for it wherever.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
According to the website 1 day ticket is $70, 2-day is $80. Parking is $50 if you want ot be on-site. They have free parking in the area with shuttle service.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts